KM's Hayloft

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2018

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am

lisam, maybe they got their act together. Let's hope it stays at way. After that mysterious period of radio silence, I did get my pellets. Not good that they did not respond to reasonable customer inquiries. Linda built the business with a combination of outstanding products and beyond outstanding customer service.

As some of you know, I was driving from Boston to Portland OR a few years ago, and spent a lovely afternoon visiting with Linda and her husband. They are such nice people, and I got a tour of the barns where they stored the hay and pellets. Their home and the surrounding area are very beautiful.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 12:29 pm

It could be that they switched the website to another host. That often happens when one company is bought out, and it usually results in a period of radio silence while they're tweaking all the settings.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Going to a different host is definitely a possibility. When Linda first decided to sell hay, years ago, I helped with a simple order form - then we switched to some free business software and later different free business software (oscommerce to zencart). Then she went with a company and paid software. I had a chance to meet Linda and her husband many years ago. She is indeed a wonderful person.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2018

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 8:03 pm

They were not responding to messages on Facebook either so I don't think the problem was a new website.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am

She (Linda) had such wonderful things to say about Dan (?) and his wife, I had hoped nothing much would change. She said Dan had worked for her for a long time.

I still can't believe how poor a quality the last batch of "3rd cut timothy" was. I really worry about eye pokes when I can't pull out a handful without sticking myself!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri May 25, 2018 11:25 pm

I know Linda spent quite a bit of time tracking down the best hay she could find. I do think running a business is hard and there can be more to it than one realizes.

JX4

Post   » Sat May 26, 2018 9:38 am

I ordered and received 2nd cut Timothy hay in a timely manner, after they sent me an email saying they had some in stock.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:16 pm

I have not received any recent emails from them, but I also ordered quite a lot of hay in November, so maybe it was to older customers?

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Looks like they are still having software issues.
I didn't get the email about second cut being available. However, I did receive an email over the past week asking for a "review of my recent purchase of 3rd cut hay." Except I have not purchased hay recently; my last order of 3rd cut was last November.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Hopefully they work it out soon. If they are using a third party contact service (like ConstantContact) then it could be beyond their control.

sef1268

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Recently noticed that KMS is selling the timothy pellets on Amazon.com.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Wow! That is interesting!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:47 am

So where else can you find good quality 3rd cut timothy? Nothing I've bought at stores comes close in quality.

piggylover49

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:39 am

I don’t currently have guinea pigs, so I’ve never used this, but I’ve been hearing good things about Small Pet Select...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016ZL6AO2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie= ... L&ref=plSrch

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 am

I can't find quality hay in the stores. Where else do you guys buy it?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 am

I buy Small Pet Select, second cut.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Sorry about the double post & thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to order some right now

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:40 am

bpatters, have you hade problems with mites ordering from them?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 am

No.

Mites are everywhere -- on you, on me, on dogs, cats, guinea pigs, and all living things. I've never worried about the pigs getting them from anywhere else.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:12 am

Just wondering if anyone has purchased KMS hay (2nd and 3rd cuts) recently and what is your experience? How is the hay quality?
I took a look at the KMS website and it lists ONLY one option, a 5 lb pack of hay for sale, not the various options that used to be available.

I'm near the end of my 45 lb box of 3rd cut and need to replenish.
Also, any suggestions as to where else might be good options to purchase good hay aside from KMS?
Thanks.

62 posts