Guinea Lynx members share important safety information:
- WARNING: Unsafe hay holder - 12/29/2008
Tweak's head, neck and one front leg were wedged in the hinge area of a Super Pet Hay Manger; the wire had to be cut to remove her safely.
- Warning on new Target grids for C&C Cages - 8/26/2008
Remember to use only the 9-squares-across grids for building your C&C cage. The new Organize-It brand of grids is 8-squares-across, and is not suitable for cage building. There have been tragic accidents with this new larger grid design.
- Hayrack Warning - Stuck Pig - 4/27/2008
Sadie gets her head stuck inside an undershelf hanger that was being used as a hayrack.
- Safety Warning for Target Fleece Blankets (sold last year) - 12/14/2007
Periodically check the bindings of any blankets used in cages for loose threads and gaps.
- Cage Safety Check Time! - Tragic Story - 11/28/2007
Periodically check the connectors and zip-ties on your C&C cage. Use heavy-duty zip-ties when building cage tops and multiple levels to ensure maximum safety.
- Eye removal after auto accident - 12/24/2006
The dangers of placing a guinea pig in a pet carrier in the front seat of a car.
- WARNING: "Rollin' The Hay" hay dispenser - 5/12/2006
Guinea pig becomes trapped inside a hay dispenser.
- A Cautionary Tale -- Redux - 6/2/2002
When using cardboard tubes, remember to slice them lengthwise.