Baby Pig (M) - Overproduction of Ejaculate (many photos)

Ovarian Cysts · Pyometra
Lynx

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Gizzy's guinea pig, Baby Pig, experienced pain and discomfort from the over production of ejaculate that would become lodged in his penis. Neutering Baby Pig took care of the problem.

Gizzy wrote that the day after the neuter, his guinea pig was: " fully awake and re-hydrated , eyes, and body mass nearly back to normal and he was eating hay and bits of parsley , with no discomfort wee’ing , until late afternoon , when he gave a loud wheek , then a grunt and produced this plug !!!

An hour or so later he was still in a lot of discomfort when wee’ing and poo’ing , so carefully examined his willy and found this sperm/ejaculate rod stuck in his Urethral orifice ,

I tried to extract it , but as he just been operated on , I could not risk to much disturbance , so it was left alone and monitored though out the night .

04/08/11, morning, eating well and happy to take syringe juice to flush bladder , then aprox 2 hours after first juice of the morning , he gave I little wheek and started straining , on examination I found this sperm rod , and extracted it with little trouble

Click to play

Put him in the wee sample colector to check his wee flow (was normal) and I took a sample and tesed with urine test sticks , and results were fine on all but nitrates ( possibly indicating bacteria )

05/08/11 apart from nitrates , Baby Pig has had another clear urine test , and not a sign of discomfort when he wee’s or poo’s ,

but due to the lab  urinalysis showing low grade bacterial infections, that had not been cleared up with a 14 day course of Septrin

( sample was submitted on the 14th day of treatment ) vet though that a couse of azithromycin, (Zithromax) would be better , as the bactera had probably built up a resistance the other anti-b’s

And a month later:

Original topic:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62458

Post Reply 1 post • Page 1 of 1