Sherwood
  • North Hills Animal Clinic
    www.nlrvet.com
    Dr. Marilynn Baeyens
    Dr. Amy Hawley
    7805 JFK Blvd.
    Sherwood, AR 72120

Phone: (501) 835-3577
    • When I had pigs I saw these two vets exclusively, as they seem to be the only ones with any "exotics" knowledge in the area. Dr. Baeyens has a very no nonsense type of manner while Dr. Hawley is more personable, but Dr. Baeyens has more experience. I've brought pigs in for minor respiratory infections, bladder infections/stones/sludge, and multiple surgeries. I've also discussed the pelletless diet of my stone prone pig, and was impressed with both vets' nutritional knowledge. Somewhat off topic, Dr. Baeyens has also treated a turtle, and treated and spayed rabbits of mine in the past. That was before Dr. Hawley joined the practice, and I would have no problem taking other species to see her now as well.

My only complaint is that the clinic as a whole has a strict policy of no clients in the back. I understand the need for the policy, but it means you can't stay with your pigs during euthanasia since the equipment for the gas is in the back. I would still prefer that they give the gas before the injection though, and have never had any reason to doubt that my animals are treated well and with respect even when they're out of my view.
      Contributed by: Prangus - 6/22/2011, 1:22 pm
    • Dr. Baeyens spent a long eight months with me during the illness of my little guinea soul mate, Disney. She was wonderful and bought me extra time I so desperately needed. Now she looks after Snowball & Koko and has already performed two surgeries on Buffet the wonder bunny who has malocclusion. She is the best I know of in this area with guinea pigs and rabbits.
      Contributed by: DisneyMOM - 2/21/2009, 11:03 pm
    Website verified: March 14, 2016

Post Reply 1 post • Page 1 of 1