The following threads have suggestions and tips for preparing for emergency disaster situations, loss of power, and safe evacuations with your guinea pigs.
- Are You Ready... Evacuation?!
Informative discussion about being prepared for emergency situations and disasters.
- Traveling with Pigs during Hurricane Gustav
Preparing to evacuate with guinea pigs. Rshevin and Rpaws provide very detailed suggestions.
- Advice - Cold Weather due to Hurricane Sandy Power Outages
Great ideas for keeping guinea pigs warm in very cold temperatures during an extended power outage.
- Guinea Pig Cages: Disasters, Evacuations, and Animals (from GL member Elly, on GuineaPigCages.com)
Excellent and thorough guide on how to be be prepared to care for your animals in the event of a disaster, whether staying or evacuating. Links to other sites and articles are listed on the last post.
- What is in your GP medicine cabinet?
Discussion of care items that are helpful to have on hand.
- Severe Weather and Pigs
Discussion thread about emergencies, such as tornadoes.
- Cavies and severe weather/emergency preparedness
Discussion thread about all kinds of emergency plans.
Care Guide: Rural Emergency Care
Medical Guide: Emergency Medical Guide
Order a bound copy of the Cavy Health Record Book
Very helpful to have on hand during an extended power loss.