Gidget

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:58 am

She doesn't look too happy. Glad she had a good day and used her slave as a comfy cushion! Happy 1st Birthday Gidget.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:29 am

Happy Birthday, Gidget!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:22 am

We had zoomies again today when the Chewy order arrived. Packing paper and bags of hay set her off and she ran for several minutes.

It’s funny you should mention her expression, Daisymay. She always looks like she has an attitude.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:48 pm

These little movies are so cute. :) I'm glad Gidget had a nice day.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:54 am

I made another attempt to interest Gidget in floor time and she just doesn’t go for it at all. She had a nice large area with lots of hideys to run through, a hay pile, and fresh veggies scattered all around. So she spent her time stretching up to the top of the grids, pushing the bottom of the grids to try and tunnel under, and running around chattering to herself as she got more and more agitated.

Once she was back in her cage she checked everything over, had some hay, and took a nap.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:45 am

A girl that knows what she wants! I like that. Bet she is saying wish slave would do as she is told. I want my cage for a snooze!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 am

I never had a pig that would move at all during floor time. I eventually gave up and just built a huge cage.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 am

My 4 pigs all loved floor time..it takes a bit of time for some to like it..
Maybe you can take some extra interesting rare vegetables in your hands like parsley and you call her on the other side of the room..just like dogs..bit more easy going but still with enough happy voice voice she will react:). Than you just repeat it..and she should start running towards you and following you around after couple of ˝training sessions˝..:)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:21 pm

Running and following sound good! Exercise benefits us all.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:14 am

She does come when I say her name since she knows that means favorite food. My former pig, Lacey, enjoyed floor time. She loved to explore and she loved going through mazes and tunnels. Gidget just get anxious and her stress level keeps rising.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:40 pm

About half of our pigs have liked to explore and the other half just want to eat the hay off the floor. They act like it's a special treat.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:04 am

Happy Guinea Pig Appreciation Day! Gidget has been demanding extra treats all day today.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgFeXIJFbz ... MyMTA2M2Y=