papiggieluverz

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:26 pm

That last picture is adorable! :)

NiniAriane

Post   » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:51 am

They are so adorable! I love Mo.

Acanoffleas

Post   » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:39 am

Mo got a haircut last night. I've been giving him haircuts for awhile now, but last night was the first time I "documented" it.

"Hi Mo!"

"Are you ready to get a bath and get your hair 'did?"

"Mo's evening at the spa!"

Meanwhile, Mortar convenes with papa on the state of the economy and which mutual funds he'd recommend. Luckily he's not charging for his consultation...yet.

After a quick dip in the sink and a thorough drying by dad, Mo shows us the result of a sitting with mom and her thinning shears:

"No, hun. Nothing too major. Just cleaning you up a bit."

"I think so! I can still see your butt-hawk. I know how you like your butt hawk."

"Mo, we think you look very handsome."

*piggy kisses*

Brick got a bath last night as well, as he was in dire need of it. What a stinky, stinky boar butt that boy has. Geeze.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:49 am

Look at little Motar, he was really paying attention to the WSJ, perhaps he can starts his own financial consulting firm. :)
Such a handsome and SMART little fella.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:53 am

Really great pictures! I especially like the first one, Mo's hair cracks me up. His hair cut turned out wonderful.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Great pictures and captions! Mo's haircut looks great.

Topaz

Post   » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Aw. I love it. :)

Hachi

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:05 am

They are so beautiful. Too bad I cannot commit to more than 2 piggies. I'm still searching the best piggies that stick to my heart. I bet any piggy will... :p

Bat

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:55 pm

I really like reading about your gang! I love all of the pictures and your cage is amazing.

I also like the comment about Mo's spa day! You did a great job on Mo's haircut. My boys go to grandma's house and have their spa day. (my fiance and I are no good at haircuts!)

I can't wait for more updates :)

unpeufou2

Post   » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Bonjour, ev-wee-bod-EE. Je suis un cobaye. Or shall I say, I am Jacques, a distinguished and French a-guinEA a-pig. What I am doing here, I do not yet know. But here I am, no? So we will see what happen.

Here I am striking my superior Frenchman snooty pose:

And here you can view me from zee top:
I am very handsome piggie, non?

Unfortunately, some stupid A-merr-EE-cahn hooman think I needed bath. Bath? Pah!

I dried off, but still I am disgruntled by the treatment

OK, I am done speaking for now. I will let l'homme, the hooman male, speak now. Ciao.

Hello. Dan here. Amanda's at work this afternoon, grooming dogs, so it's left to me to update the chronicles.

First, a sad farewell wink to Brick, who died a week ago today. We miss him very deeply, and are still so sad at his unexpected parting.

We had him cremated, and we were able to pick up his ashes this morning, from the humane league. That leads us to the happy "wheek!" While we were there, we looked in the small animals room. They had three male guinea pigs--all living separately and in good health--and we got to spend some time hanging out with each of them in a "visitation room." The last was the gentleman you see above, Jacques. Amanda fell in love, and so did I. He has a gentle personality, and seemed so comfortable with us and interested in us. The rest is history! He is now home with us, living in temporary quarantine for a couple weeks. While maman set up his C&C cage, papa cleaned his butt and ears, trimmed his nails a bit, and then gave him a nice little bath.

Jacques is eating, drinking, exploring his cage, and napping like a champ! He's 1 lb 12 oz (.8 kg), and he's less than a year old. Not like our 3+ lb old men!

Our hope is that he will get along well with Mo and Bear. We'll see how that goes, in a few weeks.

Welcome to the herd, Jacques! We're so happy to have you with us, here in your forever home. I'm sure maman will have more to tell everyone about you soon!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks for the update, Dan, and welcome home, Jacques! What a cutie. I hope he settles in well and gets used to this spa treatment.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Jacques is stunning. :)

Adopting Jacques is a beautiful way to remember and honor Brick.