A tale of one pig...and his new found slave!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Phew! That's good to hear, Fred_and_co! I was wondering about Wendi at Thistle Cavies Rescue too.

Yes, it HAS been really blowy here today and we have had some short heavy downpours, almost sleet. It doesn't feel all that cold though - and we don't have any snow like we did this time last year!

Keep cosy!

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Hehe. Milo has enough hair to keep warm!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm

It's been a while since I updated this thread, with anything other than pictures.

Today my girls are celebrating there two year Gotcha day today -

This is a picture from today, little posers and although both are happy with there friends it's nice to see them together!

Wilma, did you know we've lived here 2 years now?

I can't believe how time flies.

Over the last 2 years and 3 months, these little animals have had a huge impact in my life, a year last month I lost Bette despite my best efforts to save her.

She played a big part in my piggy family, she found us an excellent vet. Who we have needed on more than one occasion.

Fred, my boy who started my Guinea pig family - he has been tough as nails but sadly this year he has teeth problems twice but always bounces back with the help of our fabulous vet.

He just loves playing Vampire pigs.

He is still a flighty pig but has really grown to trust me despite his pray instinct.

Milo has now been part of my family for over a year and although he is a mystery with his alopecia, he never fails to make me smile with his chilled out personality and facial expressions.

You really can't help but appreciate Milo - he has got to be the most comical pig I have ever met.

Esme, has got so big. She's now a year old and been part of my piggy family around a year now, she was just a baby at 6 weeks when she came home with Milo. Milo has taught her well.

She's the most chilled piggy I have owned. Bette previously was my lap pig but when she passed Esme quickly learnt how to chill out during cuddle time to think I could never imagine how you tame a baby and to be quite frank I don't even know how it happened but she has a huge amount of trust and is a fabulous addition to our family.

Wilma is very much a delicate little pig and she doesn't enjoy human attention we have a mutual understanding I feed her and take care of her but she doesn't do cuddles, she however still knows how to enjoy her evening.

It's amazing how we grow to respect each pig individual and we know there quirks and dislikes.

Pebbles her sister - is the complete opposite she loves a little chin rub or a little pat on the head. She has to be one of my most confident pigs and vocal. She loves nothing more to make her feelings known especially during nail trimming time!

She is definitely a girl after my own heart.

I have rambled enough about my piggy family however I'm not finished I am privilaged to own a very delightful little pig, we all know Patrick. It's amazing what he's taught me, he has me well and truly under his piggy paw and seems to think my life revolves around him and to be fair at times I think he's right. I hate to say it with his ongoing problems I have on more than one occasion thought little him go was the right thing to do and then instantly regretted the thought as I've always known it's not his time but seeing him struggle so much it has broke my heart to hear that little cry, to see the blood patches but we have finally after 8 months found a way that is allowing us both some quiet time. I can finally look forward to next Summer when everyone can get out in the sun again!

We truly have got a bond, I think it's more of a slave bond as Patrick dictates everything. My god I even feel guilty if I'm late with his barley water, it's quite sad. Thankfully I can work my life around him it only means getting up an hour or so early. He's worth every second though!

I think this smile says it all.. .

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm

What a great bunch of guinea pigs!

goosey1019

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:22 pm

hehehe. I wish I could meet them all!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Happy 2nd adoption anniversary Wilma & Pebbles. I didn't realize they were so diferent in personalities. Lovely to see everyone again.

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:37 pm

thats one awesome lobsided smile from patrick

I've forgotten just how many lovely pigs you have! :) It's mostly Fred and Milo in the spotlight. thank you for sharing, I know what you mean about their own little personalities. a non-pig owner would never comprehend

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:12 am

They ARE a great bunch! And Happy Two Year Anniversary!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks everyone for the comments, Sere sometimes I forget how many I have and your quite right I don't think any non piggy slave could appreciate there personalities, after all, all they do is eat, sleep and poop. If only that was true!

GP Mum - everyone is so different in terms of there quirks, how confident they are, how they sleep, how they draw your attention. Not one Guinea pig is ever the same just like humans and animals we are all unique.

Goosey - it's ashame your so far away some of pigs are real posers especially when veggies are concerned. LOL

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Aww. Happy adoption day girls!!! Are they related? They look related. *lol*

Patrick is such a sweet boy.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Happy Gotcha Day, Wilma and Pebbles!

Same as Sidera, I was wondering if they're related.
And Patrick has the best smile!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Pebbles and Wilma are sisters - if there identical looks didn't give it away LOL! xxx