Ramblings of the checkerboard pigs!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Very nice video! You make drawing her look so easy.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Both girls are looking fabulous. I love how they have that sparkle in their eyes. All the best for Popcorn's operation (I have been following her medical thread too). Sending over lots of hugs for your girl and healing vibes for post op recovery.

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:13 pm

I've been at school today so my mum had to text me to tell me how Poppy's operation had gone.. and my goodness I've never been so scared to open a text in my life!

It went well though and we're picking her up at 5:50pm, so I'll have a more detailed post then.

Thank you for all the good luck wishes!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm

My gosh Popy, the drawing is bootiful. : )
And it seemed so natural and easy for you, such talent. :)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Phew, what a relief for you, poppycorn - and us . . . . I think we were all sending healing wishes :)

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Thank you, Momo! I've never really been "into" art, but I love to draw every now and then!

Mildred, it's all rather scary.. even if it was so minor. She still had to be knocked out and I was just so worried! But she's fine, thank goodness!

She has to be kept from Dusty for a week, so both will be getting tonnes of snuggly lap-time (and grass in Dusty's case.. she doesn't care for cuddles ;P) to make up for it.

I'm just glad to have her back! We shared some sniffles and kisses hello. I think she understands why she has to be a bit of a baldy-pig for a little (long, haha) while!

She's very scared at the moment (who would blame her!) and her favouritest thing is to be towel-wrapped, she was telling me..

This is a joyous aerial shot of Poppy's back.. she's lost her huge tuft! Does anyone know how long it'll take to grow back? (We might be needing some of Serena's hair, or one of Mildred's whisker kits.. haha!)

I also have a question about CC, do you think it'd be worth me getting my hands on some?

Once again, thank you for all the well wishes!

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Bless her <3 Her hair should grow back in a couple of weeks. CC is always good as it is full of nutrients and fibre, she might not eat as well the first few days, but it will also aid in recovery.

I remember Scruffles being terrified when she came back from her op. It took a few weeks to get her back to her normal self.

All the best Poppy, you brave girl!

tashab

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 pm

If you can't get your hands on any CC, you could also do pellet mash.

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 am

Brainerror, thank you.. I just wondered.. it was her biggest tuft and now she's half-tuftless! ;)
Poppy is a scardey-pig anyway... she's even more scared now! Haha!

Tashab, ooooh thank you for the tip! If I can't get my hands on CC, then I'll try that :) thank you!

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Just a general question about Popcorn and Dusty here...

They've been separated for over 24 hours now, they can't be caged together for a week but I want them to have short, very well supervised floor-time so they don't need to be fully re-introduced. Do you think that putting them together straight away will be okay? Just for half an hour or so, with me watching? :)

serelixyue

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:20 pm

oh poor Popcorn! no more butt fluff for weeks?? *hug*

the first operation Puffy had was actually much like Popcorns; to remove a cyst. or was it abscess. I just don't know the difference. but it was the result of a fight with Buggy and I didn't see the wound under his armpit....and it became infected and swelled and it was hot and had pus inside. when he came back, he had an incision like your Popcorn right now, but I remember his appetite was still fine, and I didn't feed him CC. Unless Pop's appetite goes off...I think you should be alright, too? yeah....it did take a while to grow the hair back. Puffy couldn't understand why his armpit hair is un-groomable...

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 pm

I know! It's despicable. All I want to do is look beautiful so some loving boypig will fall in love with me. I've only got a few youthful years left!

So, back to the task in hand. Me and my bald butt. I have been shamefully hiding in hay for the past day, but Mummy thought it'd be nice to let the whole world see my back. Which is rather rude! ...

But I couldn't resist the grass, so meh!

If was very nice to be out there, munching away with the wind sweeping through my pitiful excuse of a hairstyle..

There were lots of sights and smells to remember!

I loved posing for Mummy!!!

I hope you liked my pictures, I must go sleep now.. I've done such a lot today!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Indeed! Do get some rest. Looking forward to more pictures tomorrow :-)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Well done Popcorn. I'm sorry you lost a tuff of your lovely hair but rest assured it will grow back. From the front, no one can tell. You look as adorable as ever. Continued best wishes on your recovery

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:28 am

Awww!! What gorgeous photos :)

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 am

Such a pretty little girl, I'm glad she got some time on the grass after her opertation.

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:33 am

forgot something...when Puffy had that op, the vet told me to flush the wound everyday with hibitane with a syringe.

poppycorn

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Poppy would like to thank you all. She's just sleeping at the moment, enjoying the peace and quiet.

We come to you pictureless today, because we've just been to our post-op check up and she's very sleepy now. The weather has been really yucky today so she hasn't been able to have a nibble on the grass either. But hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow! :D[/i]

poppycorn

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Hello, dear friends! I'm having RATHER a bad hair day today! Mummy had the cheek to photograph it too!

It's been nice today, so I could pop out for a lovely much, to quench my grass-levels!

It was rather windy, but it was nice to get some fresh air..

I do love this sun though, not to sit in so much (it sometimes hurts my ears..). But it makes the grass super nommy.. so I LOVE the sun!

My outside time has been brief but very yummy. Let's hope it's sunny tomorrow so I can go outside again!

For those of you wondering.. I'm healing very well, thank you! My hair is growing back! Yay! Thank you for all the well wishes!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 pm

She is such a beautiful little guinea pig!

336 posts