My Antithesis

ilumiari

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 am

I just got back the initial results of his necroscopy - no cause has been found yet. The suspected stones on the xray turned out to be small mucus bubbles around tiny calcium deposits, his bladder had no signs of inflammation. His gall bladder (which the vet said is often filled with bile in piggies that stop eating) was pretty empty. No signs of inflammation anywhere. Tissue samples have been sent off for more details.

Now it's just Smudge and me. In the coming days I'll need to decide whether or not to neuter him in preparation for finding him a girlfriend, but it breaks my heart to think about it right away.

ilumiari

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 am

Here's the last picture I took with him before going to bed last night. I don't think he was in any pain, and I'm so glad I had a long time to say goodbye to him.

clairey

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 am

*sniffle* Such a handsome boy.

Now that you're in America, finding Smudge a ready-spayed girlfriend from a rescue might not be too difficult depending on the area you're in. It'd save the stress of putting him through an op.

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 pm

I agree Clairey.

It's even more heartbreaking when it's so sudden, but sadly sometimes it happens for no real reason. We had that recently with a capybara in the zoo I work at. Pathology and pm came back with very little :(

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

=( So sorry he's gone.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Beautiful picture, FWIW.

ilumiari

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:33 pm

My apartment feels so quiet now without the constant background chatter. Smudge generally seems ok, he's still eating fine and putting up with all the extra cuddles he's been getting from me.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 am

That was a lovely photo of the both of you. It must be very hard not knowing what was the cause. I hope Smudge continues to do well.

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:13 am

It's always so hard to lose a pig. In the time between I last posted on here and now I've lost both my pigs... it's heartbreaking.

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending lots of hugs your way!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm late for saying it, but sorry for your loss! RIP Sooty :( What a gorgeous boy.

Misscavylove

Post   » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 pm

So sorry :'( RIP Sooty. Sending you lots of hugs! I just read the thread and have developed a soft spot for these pigs, I'm so sorry.