My Antithesis

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 am

Blood tests? Anything look abnormal?

I am sorry you and Sooty are going through this. My thoughts are with you.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 am

I am sorry to hear that Sooty has a mystery illness. I hope that he recovers soon :(

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am

His blood test showed a white blood cell count on the high side of normal, but everything else was good. I had another vet appointment for tomorrow after work, but I moved it to first thing tomorrow morning.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:09 pm

I am so sorry. I take it besides xrays to check the teeth, they were also done to see if stones were present?

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Yes, there are two tiny ones (they also showed up when the pigs were xrayed before we moved to the US, so they've been there at least a year). Both vets have said they're too small to cause much concern, we had planned to remove them when his weight stabilized.

I took the afternoon off work to go sit with him in a patch of grass to see the sunshine, it's a beautiful day today.

violagirl3

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am

ilumiari- When my Bartleby had stones (admittedly they were two large ones), he stopped eating entirely. It could be it has hit the point where the stones are bothering Sooty so much that he feels cruddy all of the time and doesn't want to eat. It took several weeks after surgery and a round of probiotics before Bartleby was feeling well enough to eat fully on his own.

ilumiari

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:03 am

He didn't make it through the night. I stayed up with him past 1am, then when I woke up his little body was still warm but lifeless. I've dropped him off for a necroscopy.

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:10 am

I am so sorry. :(

violagirl3

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 am

ilumiari- I'm so sorry. It is so tough when we lose one.:(

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:44 am

I am so sorry. You must be heartbroken.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry ilumiari. Sweet dreams Sooty.

Hugs to you and Smudge.

SwtMelly

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 pm

I had a bit of a soft spot for your two piggies, so sorry you lost Sooty.