A wheek is worth a thousand words

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Not tracking down medical info but the hair loss on the one guinea pig, has he/she been treated with ivermectin or Revolution for mites?

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:11 pm

hair loss?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 pm

This photo - the two spots on the rump. Is it fur color or hair loss? (it looked like hair loss to me)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Cage looks great but just curious...how on Earth do you clean the bottom level?!

The tan pig looks to have some hairloss in the same spots. See the picture below the original of the one Lynx copied.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 am

It's fur colour Lynx. She has light brown splodges on her rump, and on her left ear. Fluffy's go a full covering too, although her coat is really strange. It's soft, but has a wiry texture to it, and it's all different lengths with super long fluff on her rump. I was comparing her to pictures from when I got her around 5 months ago, and she's Fluffier than ever.

I was super observant when I first got them, as my first pair came with lice (from a pet shop - I didn't know any better) and needed to be treated at the vets as they were only 7 weeks old. The poor little boys were riddled and itching like crazy. The rescue treated the girls as a precaution when they were taken in. They don't display any signs of infestation.

The bottom floor of the cage - the front 5 grids come out. The 2 grids at either side are clipped in at the corner, cable tied together, and work as a 1 grid door, and a 2 grid section that pops out. When both 2 grid sections are removed, the front of the plastic folds down, and the middle grid with the water bottle attached can be removed. I haven't needed to take the middle grid out for cleaning. It holds the weight of the top floor and stops the front from sagging.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:43 am

How interesting! You can see how it looked like a bald patch. Glad they're in good shape!

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Fluffy wanted to share how beautiful she looks after a bath, brush, blow dry, and manicure.

And how 5 minutes later she's back to looking like she's been chewing on electrical wires!

Snowy showing off her brown spots

Do you have food up there?

I'm disappointed

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

The first time I saw Snowy I was amazed at her brown spots. They give her a unique look. Fluffy, aww, she's just so fluffy!

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Snowy has been a poorly girl lately and had lost weight.

However, she hasn't lost any of her cheekiness. She even helped Mammy clean out the kitchen.

By emptying the food dishes, ready to be washed. How considerate.

Fluffy couldn't bear to be left out.

All that helping deserves a lie down. And a drink of water.

Mammy made cuddle sacks.

It's better to sit on top of them than inside them.

Snowy is feeling well enough to steal tomato from Fluffy's mouth again.

Me? I don't steal tomato.

dellybean

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Awww, what cute girls. Is Snowy alright? Do you know what's caused the weight loss? Sorry to hear she's not feeling well.

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Get better Snowy.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Hope Snowy is feeling better. Your ladies are lovely.