You're the one for me fatty!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:49 am

Glad they got their hierarchy all settled and can be a happy herd. Their cage looks fabulous.

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 am

thanks guys :)

bah truffle is now losing weight rapidly and Pudding has damaged her eye whilst bullying the others..

Anything else girls??

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:31 am

More sad news in guinea world.. On wednesday I lost my favourite pig at work, Ariel. It was so sudden. She fell ill on tuesday and I just knew she wasn't going to make it. Wednesday morning I came in and she was barely there.. her skin was blue, she was gasping and bloated. Since she was 6 we decided to let her go and not put her through complicated surgery that would probably be fatal. So with a heavy heart I say goodbye to a 3rd pig in the last 2 months..

The sadness doesn't stop there unfortunately. Chubbles is not well at all. She's peeing bloodied thick slimey sludge and she cries a lot when doing so. I'm suspecting stones.

Truffle is also not well. The rescue said she was 4, but I reckon it's closer to 6. She is losing weight and lies down more and more.

Both girls will be seen by my zoo colleague on Monday as my vet practise does referrals in which the zoo vets are involved in every monday. Hopefully she can figure out what's going on.

In good news however Truffle is the most adorable thing. She kisses and cuddles like no pigs' business and is really attached to me.

and I finally got my greedy claws on a Cupcake bed from http://pimpmypiggy.homestead.com/ <3

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:39 am

So sorry about your lovely pigs. :-(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:47 pm

I too am so sorry to hear about your loss and the difficult time Truffle and Chubbles are having. It is just so hard.

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Oh Brainerror, so sorry everything is going south. I remember how fond you were at Ariel From Work, I got used to hearing you say that :) and poor Truffles, who rhymes with Scruffles. In that photo of you two, wow, her eyes are almost as big as yours!

*big hugs*

tashab

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 pm

I hope you get some good news for Truffles' health. I'm sorry she is not feeling well.
The picture of her licking your nose is incredibly cute.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 pm

So very sorry to hear about your pigs. Truffles sounds like a very sweet pig.

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 am

Truffle is still a mystery concerning her health, we're awaiting blood results. x-ray and physical were insignificant except for arthritic knees and tender abdomen.

Chubbles just has severe UTI thank goodness, so she'll be on baytril for 3 weeks.

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Truffle just has an upset tum basically. She's on zantac and probiotics and slowly gaining weight again :)

tashab

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm glad Truffle is starting to feel better. That must be such a relief to know it is nothing too serious.

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm

She's 832g now and Chubbles hasn't cried whilst urinating since she started meds :)

happy times!