Sam and Dean

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:12 am

Sam and Dean are getting along famously these days. They've matured past the hormonal stage for sure. Of course they play together but there hasn't been much in the way of disagreements other than the occasional scolding from Dean when Sammy gets too close to his face. Sammy has discovered that he can jump out of his cage without getting hurt if I don't get his food in there quick enough. Since it's only about a foot or so off the floor, he didn't get hurt or scared the first time he did it, so he tries it every time the door opens. Don't worry though. I'm faster than he is.

It's been smoky from the California wildfires so I haven't been able to get him or any of the boys outside much. I've been trying to compensate by picking and bringing them all fresh grass but that's not the same as getting them out there to run and graze. There's only about a month or so left until the lawn goes completely dormant, so I'm hoping things improve soon and they don't miss out on the rest of grazing season. We have a dog again, so floor time has become more of a challenge. My dog is very sweet and doesn't mess with the piggies, but I'm not taking any chances that she mistakes one of them for a play toy. I'd never forgive myself if I let any of the piggies get hurt.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Update on the Winchester piggies. Doing well and getting along famously. They were the beneficiary of extra outside grazing time up until the weather turned. I tried removing the divider between them and they were fine. No issues with grazing together. Must have been an adolescent thing. Sammy gets scolded by Dean now and then but it's never anything more than a warning nip which Sammy always heeds. They both like to interact with their neighbor, BJ. They squeak, nibble on the side of the cage where he is and purr at him. BJ doesn't mind giving them some of his time. It's really very cute.

Nail trims are next week. I'll try and get some pictures up.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:51 pm

We always love pictures!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 am

https://i.imgur.com/mdmLV3W.gifv

Dean getting his grass.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Busy, busy eating - a gp's most important job.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Playing a little game of follow the leader. These two are the most active on the floor out of all my boys. Sammy is like a bucking bronco. He gets so excited, he doesn't know what to do with himself. It's so funny to watch! Had Mr Bubbles out, but he wasn't interested in anything but the carrot bits I spread around. He followed the trail, gobbling them up as he went along. When he finished, he just wanted to be held an cuddled. I was very happy to oblige him.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:51 am

Refresh my memory. Which is Sam and which is Dean? (I'm always thinking Jan & Dean - you have to be of a certain age...) They are both handsome pigs!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:16 am

Sammy is the brown one and Dean is the black and white one. I'm of age to know who Jan and Dean are LOL.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:06 am

Those two are cuties. It’s nice to get out and stretch their little legs.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:04 am

I was just thinking back on when I first got these boys and I'm amazed at how far they've come and how outgoing they are now. They were afraid of everything and everyone at first but now they're the first ones to come to the front of their cage to greet anyone who approaches. It's very satisfying to see them happy in our home. Dean even purrs when I hold him and pet him.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 pm

Sammy and Dean have been patiently waiting for the day when they get to go outside. Well that day is today! We're in a little bit of a warm weather stretch right now like a false spring. We're not wasting any of it. The grass is still mostly dormant, but this little spot by the house has green grass for them. They wasted no time attacking it and made the most of it. This weather won't last long. Old man winter isn't done yet, but we're taking advantage of the break.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:33 am

Our forecast has a high of 60 for today and 65 for tomorrow! Glad to hear it is nice for you too.