The Legend of Barry Jenkins

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 am

So glad things are going well for you both! Hoping things continue to do so. BJ is one lucky piggy to have found you as his slave!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Sounds like he must be one happy guinea pig!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 am

Sef, the pink step stool in the video is actually an overturned storage bin from Dollar Tree. I just used a scissors to cut openings on all four sides and smoothed the edges with some light sandpaper.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:49 pm

Got the boys out to graze in the fresh air and sunshine. These are two big boars! Even though both are considerable size, you can see how much bigger BJ is. Don't worry Lynx. I held back the board and exposed them to the sun only for the split second it took to snap the photo LOL!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:08 pm

All your guinea pigs look so happy eating grass!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:42 am

Tried to get the piggies out today but a freak wind storm that happened earlier blew debris all over the lawn and put a stop to that. I brought BJ out with me to hand pick his grass and the neighbors got to meet him for the first time. They just love him. The wind had died down by then so he was able to be out there while I gathered the grass. He snuggled right up to her as she held him. He really is a sweetheart! A little bit of a ham too as he played that up. It was really cute.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:22 am

Did he do the piggy eyes? And snuggle into her neck? Ours love doing that. The way they carry on you would think we never cuddled them! They just love cuddles from strangers! BJ is a cutie pie and a real ladies pig!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue May 12, 2020 12:40 am

BJ wasn't eating much in the way of leafy greens since I got him, but I've been offering lettuce every day hoping he might take to it. Yesterday morning and evening, as well as this morning, he actually ate the whole leaf. I didn't cut out any of the other things I give him. Unlimited hay and 1/8th cup of pellets daily. Maybe he's finally taken to lettuce. We'll see how it goes.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue May 12, 2020 12:43 am

Glad he has realised the big green leafy thing will not harm him and that it tastes good. Hope he continues to destroy his foe!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue May 12, 2020 4:12 pm

2 more lettuce feedings went well. BJ used to sniff the vegetables kind of nonchalant like and pick out the carrots or cucumbers to nibble on. He'd turn his nose up at the lettuce and pick at the parsley or cilantro throughout the day or night. There was usually plenty of the uneaten leafy greens to remove. Now he goes after the lettuce first. He's done it with the romaine and green leaf. I haven't tried giving him red leaf since he started eating the lettuce because it's been very slim pickings on that at the market.

He only likes the leafy parts and doesn't eat the spines. I'm okay with that. Actually Mr. Bubbles doesn't eat that part either and neither does Dean. Sammy is the only one who does. Since BJ has started eating lettuce, he doesn't have much interest in celery anymore. I'm good with that too since lettuce is more nutritious for him. His hay intake is still strong and I've cut back slightly on the pellets. I'm going to try getting him to eat green peppers next. I'll take it slowly by giving him a little slice every day. If he takes to it, I'll give him more. I'll be happy because I won't have to use the vitamin C drops in his water anymore.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 13, 2020 12:38 am

I'm going to try getting him to eat green peppers next.
Good luck with that have tried all the traffic lights and have had no luck with my girls and after buying it for a month at a time for a few years found it a waste of money. The only one they showed slight interest was in the yellow one.

Glad BJ is still the hunter killing and consuming his natural enemy the nasty dreaded lettuce leaf. Keep on hunting BJ!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 21, 2020 3:36 am

BJ just will not eat bell peppers. I tried a tomato and he turned his nose up to it. He's still eating his lettuce though. Still chowing down on parsley, cucumber and carrot too. With the vitamin c drops in his water, which he drinks plenty of, I believe he's getting all of the nutrition he needs. I've cut down on his pellets down to a eighth of a cup.

He's rolling right along now. He comes up to greet me now and if I don't pay attention to him immediately, he nibbles on the cage. It's heartwarming to see him become completely my guinea pig at last. It was a rough start having to give him oral medications and anti itch baths, but we're passed all that now. He even lets me pick him up without running from me.