COVID-19

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Not much.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Very low. I wouldn't worry about it at all (and I'm a worrier).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for the reassurance.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:39 pm

I think you're okay. We're looking at a few seconds here.

Unless he was full on hacking, coughing, crawling over to grab that bag from your hand, I think you're fine.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:57 am

I had to go to the chiropractor today. My shoulders and neck muscles are all in knots and the pain was getting worse. Of course they're cleaning everything and disinfecting, everyone has a mask on, but I still get concerned with close contact. I had to sign a waiver acknowledging the risk and I need to go back on Monday.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:59 am

You poor girl! I hope your aches and pains resolve for the better.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:57 am

Daughter is taking her ballot to an absentee drop off location. She's very careful, esp. since she has lupus & takes immunosuppressant drugs, but I'm concerned about a possible line, especially if it's indoors. She's an adult & will be irritated if I hover too much.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Daughter just got home - said there was a huge line & just left. I suspected that would be the case. Another family member can deliver it, so I will next week. Who knows what would be a good time or if there is one, but I can check it out, drive around & come back or try another day. I wish she would have just mailed it. I did & it was received at least a week ago. USPS has a site where you can track it.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:24 pm

I hope you can stay safe, ItsaZoo. I know someone around here who has a dental practice, and she says their office is likely one of the safest places in town due to all of the extra precautions being taken. I imagine it's like that in most medical and chiropractic offices, too.

Bookfan, sounds like your daughter did the right thing. Is there a mask mandate in effect where you live? Hopefully the voters will keep their distance and mask-up.

I'm still trying to figure out how to have "contactless" work done on the car. It still has a burned-out headlamp and is in need of an oil change.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:38 pm

If you get online, there should be a video showing how to replace a headlamp. Of course you'd still have to buy it but these days it could even be delivered to your home. Usually there is a screw on bulb that is relatively quick to replace.

I was proud of myself for finding some u-clips and a screw that would work to secure my right front turn signal. It had been wired on since my daughter alerted me to the fact it was dangling. What I realized from properly replacing it was that it had not be secured correctly after I took off the front bumper last summer when I repaired some of the damage done on the car when someone rear ended me and pushed me into the car in front of me (damage to both ends of the car).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:35 pm

We needed 2 safety inspections & 3 oil changes. For each car, I dropped it off after closing. The service person who was handling the check out for car #1 was very obliging when I asked if we could take care of the paying & paperwork with me staying in my husband's car. She came out to us!!

Car #2 was husband's & he probably just went in & picked it up the usual way after I dropped him off. He follows guidelines - masks & social distancing - but doesn't worry. In fact he doesn't worry as much as he should IMO.

Third car I decided to pick up the usual way. It was taking longer that I was comfortable with (still, everyone wearing masks - required) so I stepped out into the car bay where there were few people, lots of air circulation & it's big. I watched through the glass doors for the service guy to come back. In picking up the cars (they said they sanitize the cars before they return them ) I opened all the windows for the drive home.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Sef, if you have a Valvoline or Quick Lube place where you live check with them. Around here they have you stay in the vehicle while they do the work so no contact with other customers.

I need a dental exam and cleaning, too, and I’ve been putting it off.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:29 pm

I had to have a root canal last summer. Really, the dentist's office was taking so many precautions. However I have not gone for a cleaning. Hope I don't end up with a bunch of cavities. I'm also postponing my mammogram. Maybe not a good idea, but I'm not ready to do it.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pm

I thought about calling the car repair place and asking what precautions they take. The oil change I can probably wait on, since I don't really drive much, but the headlamp is going to get me a ticket if I'm not careful.

I have not been to the dentist, either. Have not had my hair cut since February, so it's pretty much shoulder-length at this point and really needs a good thinning.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 pm

My hair's almost halfway down my back & I'm really enjoying it.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:45 am

I got a haircut last week but wasn't as impressed with their precautions. Everything is cleaned and they use hand sanitizer before and after clients, and everyone has face covers. However, my stylist and the owner of the salon were wearing the plastic shields that cover their nose and below the chin. I don't think they do much compared to masks. And they weren't taking temperatures this time. I washed my hair before I went so that eliminates one area of contact. I think in general everyone is getting complacent and that's why cases are on the rise again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:17 am

Except for using the $5 hair coupon for a store, I either chop off my hair myself or ask a relative to help (daughter is here now and is willing). I do think I need to rethink my hair somehow and improve it.

What kind of car (what year) do you have, Sef? I really think you could do this yourself if you wanted. I would love to track down a video that shows you how easy it is. We just replaced the headlight on my daughter's car a week or two ago.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 am

It's a 2009 Chevy Impala. I might look around, too! I do need to see part of the lamp needs replacing, though. I looked on Amazon.com and there were several different components. :\

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Some good videos, each has little pluses. Last one a woman shows how to do it and also references info in the owner's manual that shows parts and disassembly. It appears your car has several years where all was the same:

BE SURE TO AVOID TOUCHING THE BULB/GLASS PART WITH YOUR HANDS (or use gloves that will not leave oils on the glass if you prefer)

Documents in detail the low beam light replacement. I prefer as he does to take the whole thing out and remove the wires after removal. Note his description of direction of turn.

Also covers all the bulb replacements and even the headlight replacement.

I did not watch all of this but this is the lady's description:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Thank you, Lynx! I'm least handy with anything car-related, but I will watch these later today and see if I can make some sense of how to do this. :)

471 posts