Biden // Harris => What a team!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:48 pm

While I was looking around on Etsy yesterday, I found some catchy bumper stickers:

And my personal favorite:

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Those are all good. I can't pick a favorite.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:46 pm

I'll give you a sign I saw and can admit to it being hysterical, so you don't all think i love the guy.

I saw a sign, didn't have a name on it, but read ... and one day, like magic, he will be gone.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:56 pm

ItsaZoo I agree with you that Joe Biden is a decent man, I've always believed that. I also believe he's way too old now. As for the Limo thing, I guess Limo has to be defined but he certainly did take cars, nice Suburbans Tahoe and limo type vehicles. That's not a bad thing at all, there is security to be considered. Someone of that importance has to be protected. He can't drive his Ford Escape to work by himself.

He took some trains here and there but taking a limo is not a knock on a senator or Biden in particular. I love fiscal responsibility but these people have to be protected.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:18 am

I don’t see Biden’s age as an issue. He’s 2 years younger than Dr. Fauci, who is pretty sharp for any age. The most important challenge for Biden will be to put the right people in positions of leadership in the administration and government organizations. Then those organizations have a clear understanding of expectations and move the country forward. That was the strategy successfully used by Clinton and Obama. Leadership is not difficult if you have good leaders in key positions and you’re willing to delegate authority and responsibility to those leaders. But leadership is impossible if you think you know everything better than everyone else and insist on controlling every move the organization makes.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:08 am

Fauci sure as heck is sharp! With age also come wisdom (for many).

I remember how tremendously important Elizabeth Warren felt the appointments would be. Your cabinet will define you.

GPIG, email me so I can assign a valid email to your account. Yours is no longer working.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:34 am

That's exactly how I see it, ItsaZoo.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:49 am

Biden and tRump are BOTH too old -- tRump is 74 and Biden is 77. But I'd argue that Biden is a much younger man, except in chronological age, than tRump. He's certainly more fit. But they're who we've got this time, so we need to decide on some other criteria.

The things that keep me from worrying at all about Biden's age are: 1) He'll surround himself with qualified people and listen to them; 2) He won't pick fights with people who have the slightest disagreements with him; 3) Harris is smart, qualified, and capable of taking over if she has to.

In addition, Biden is also calm and empathetic, and is a MUCH better role model for the young folks than tRump will ever be. I think he'd be uniquely qualified, because of his prior experience, to rebuild our international relationships that tRump has stomped on.

GPIG, I don't get the limo reference?

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:07 am

I voted early yesterday. Biden and Harris have my vote! I know I sound cruel, but seeing how my dad is such a Trump supporter and he hasn't voted early or absentee..well he will miss the election due to him having COVID. So he won't be able to vote for Trump.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:39 pm

He's sick from Covid because he listened to trump and didn't wear a mask, and yet...he would still vote for him? I just don't get that at all.

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm

I really don't know for sure if he would have voted for Trump. I just really hope that this major scare is enough for him to behave in a different way and understand that putting on a mask is not all that bad...right now he is still intubated but doing well. I'll update you all tomorrow.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 pm

We had 70,000 new cases today. Almost 230,000 Americans have died so far. This didn't have to happen. Incompetence, lies and complicity have cost so many so much. I'm just sorry that your father had to learn the hard, painful way that this virus is all too real.

Do keep us posted.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Listen & watch:

and read:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:25 pm

I watched President Obama earlier today. He is so awesome. Every time I see or hear him, though, I'm reminded just how far we have fallen. What a disgrace.

That video from Save These Children is utterly heartbreaking. How can a nation like ours let this happen? How can any nation of otherwise decent people let this happen? (And OMG, can you imagine Michelle Obama saying, "Give me a f**king break"??)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 am

trump needs to go down so hard, he can never get up again. Prison is too good for him.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:04 am

Will this be our 'official' election night thread? I have a feeling there will be a lot to talk about as things unfold.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Sounds good to me! It has a positive hook (Biden/Harris) and doesn't mention the unmentionable in the title.

I have been reading some pretty horrendous info on the elections. Example is how Florida can be hacked electronically and they are NOT ALLOWED TO RE-SCAN THE ACTUAL VOTES! Voting data the night of the election is sent over the internet. A test hacker I believe showed how the data can be changed AND the electronic source data can be changed! This is going to be a horrible, horrible election.

FL Election Official Who Oversaw 2000 'Recount' Warns of 'Hacked' 2020 Results: 'BradCast' 10/26/20
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/26/1989876/-FL-Elec ... ast-10-26-20

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:59 pm

OMG. Like I needed one more thing to keep me up at night. :(

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:11 pm

I am so on edge. About next Tues. & what comes after. This won't be an orderly election & smooth transmission of power. My nerves are just about shot.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Me too. Between Covid spiking up and the uncertainty of the election, I'm really struggling right now.

116 posts