Biden // Harris => What a team!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:00 pm

I might just have to play a lot of bubble shooter & solitaire to turn my mind off.

We know that the whole Amy Coney Barrett rush job was to get her in place to deal with trump challenging the results of the election.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:10 pm

My biggest worry is that people who wanted to mail in their ballots were confused by the mail in ballot procedure itself. In the primary I had requested a ballot but gave up looking at the long list of things to read/do and just voted in person instead. The early voting in Virginia this year is super (I have already voted this year).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:32 am

I voted by mail & the procedure here was somewhat confusing & very exacting. I just hope for such a big turnout for Biden that all the voting problems don't matter.

Did you hear about trump talking about "what if Biden dies in 3 mos."? Sounds like a call to action for some of his white, terrorist supporters.

Man, Obama knows how to give a speech!!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Lawrence Tribe retweets :

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 am

In Minnesota our ballots must be postmarked no later than Nov. 3 and received at the county no later than Nov. 10. There are official drop boxes at county locations as well.

DeutscheBank is a bunch of crooks. One of my 401k funds was managed by them and I ended up part of a class action lawsuit. They were trading shares after the market closed. For example, they would submit their trades, buying and selling throughout the day. Then after the market closed, if they lost money on a trade they would submit a correction as though the trade was incorrect. Of course, my few shares didn’t amount to anything, but I’m sure there were some billionaires making nice earnings from this fraud.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:05 am

Bookfan, that "interview" ad is super! Love it, love it, love it!

Yes, VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

Make it safe.

Make it count.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:46 am

Did you notice how she used hand sanitizer again after she handled the paper documenting the accusations of sexual assault? Made me laugh.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:46 am

Love it! Was it Biden or Obama who recently said that we wouldn't tolerate this from a coach, a teacher, employee, etc. How true.

(I think it was Obama, actually. "Even Florida Man wouldn't do some of this stuff.")

ETA: I totally missed the "references" part until I watched it a second time. Perfect.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:19 pm

Here's another one. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but these help me keep going. BTW, Laurence Tribe is a retired professor of constitutional law at Harvard.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:29 am

I need to listen to that one. Feeling extremely anxious right now about the outcome of this election.

This is scary:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-camp-cancels-austin-texa ... campaign-bus

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:15 am

Yes, those magats were real jerks.

And the idea that open carry is fine at voting locations is crazy.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:08 am

The worst thing here is that the Rethuglicans are suing to disallow 127,000 votes cast at drive-through locations in Harris County.

Bear in mind that you can vote in your car at ANY polling location in Texas. You signal the poll workers that you need help, they come to your car and certify you, then bring you a ballot.

The county clerk just streamlined that process a bit by setting up full polling stations in tents so that the certifying and voting could be done more quickly, and got the Secretary of State's approval before hand.

The Rethugs sued in state court and it got thrown out. Late yesterday they filed in federal court, and it's been given to the most conservative, most tea-partyish judge on the bench. There's a hearing tomorrow morning at 10, and the judge didn't even allow the county time to respond to the suit. There's already a counter suit filed, so we'll see what happens.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:11 pm

I read about that, bpatters. Despite the leanings of the judge, hopefully it will be thrown out for a variety of reasons (such as "no standing").

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:56 pm

I hope, but this is Texas, and even the federal judges are infected.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2021

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Texas rejected the bogus challenge! (I don't know if these New York Times election articles are open-access, but there's this way you can delete cookies...

This claim that counting must stop after midnight on Election Day is beyond ridiculous made-up crap. It's *never* worked that way.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Unfortunately, that's the state case before the Texas Supreme Court. There's also a case in Federal Court that's been assigned to the most troglodytic judge on the bench that will be heard at 10:00 AM Monday. I'm not breathing until the ruling in that case comes down.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:02 am

It sounds like the votes cast via drive-through will not be thrown out.

Heard an apropos quote this morning, "Today, we are the United States of Anxiety."

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:43 am

Someone on twitter said it's like waiting for biopsy results.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Some inspiration:

116 posts