Chewie's front paw

Atomicoxy

Post   » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:07 pm

I don't understand: "He almost shocked, and I will only handfeed him for 1-2 days." Did you mean "choked" rather than "shocked"? If he doesn't eat enough on his own, you *MUST* handfeed him. A guinea pig who isn't getting enough food in his or her system risks having the gut slow down to the point where the GI tract can shut down altogether and he pig will die.
Oh, sorry, yes, I meant chocked (English is not my first language, I think you could notice), and yes, I am handfeeding him, I took a read at the handfeeding page and it helped. Thanks.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:03 am

Got it -- just wanted to make sure nothing else had happened. Good luck and keep us posted.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Hey guys after my last posts which are from June 2019, Chewie recovered pretty well from the teeth surgery, and he lived for another 2 and a half years.

Happened that in the last weeks he was having some troubles with clumped poo, which i had to keep removing/cleaning for him. As he was a 6.5 years old boar, I guessed it was "normal" and he was eating normally.

Today happened that we woke up and he passed away, he was the last pig I had, he had a long life, went through a teeth surgery which is not easy for them as I know from experience. A very brave guinea pig!

I just want to thank everyone that helped me here in Guinea Lynx forums, there are a lot of useful information, and you guys help us a lot!

Just want to post a picture in his memory, rest in peace, Chewie <3

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:49 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Atomicoxy. It sounds like he had a great life with you. I love your picture of him - just makes you wish you could pick him up and hug him. Classic soft piggy lips. I know he will be missed.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:39 am

What a sweet guy. My sympathy on losing him. I'm sure he enjoyed his life with all the love and care he received. Take care of yourself.

puffin

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:44 pm

What a beautiful piggie. I am so sorry for your loss - it hurts so much. I'm sending virtual hugs to you.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:48 pm

I'm sorry.