I was getting nervous that perhaps he had a blockage but even after the critical care like I said he went to eat for himself and had the Apple willingly so I think everything is okay in that regard.
I called the vets this morning and they said to just continue giving him 15 to 20 ml of critical care three times a day. I will admit I didn't know how much to give him so I certainly was not giving him that much, maybe 6 ml at a time. They said if he's not eating very much then he wouldn't be pooping. It's just absolutely unlike him. Hoping something happens soon though.
Thank you for your input on the probiotic! I mean if as a human I take probiotics myself and I'm on antibiotics what's the harm and giving it to him? I'm just worried that I can't get it until tomorrow, it's not available anywhere here today.
The vet basically told me that I should do that, or I could bring him in to be hospitalized so that they could administer his meds and give him critical care. Basically the same thing that I'm already doing. So I suppose there's nothing else to do but wait, and wait?
You are weighing him? He is eating? I bet you will see poops later today or tomorrow. Perhaps if not, a motility drug could help.
Acting normal is a good sign. I suspect bringing him in would not help particularly overnight anyway (fewer staff and sometimes no staff). You will give him all your attention. I think if you see a change in his behavior that is concerning, then you would contact your vet to determine if he should be seen.
It's times like these you want a camera on your guinea pig to see what's going on!