Elsie's ugly teeth

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:48 pm

We can all see how fond you are of her. She's been a part of your life for a long time.

I think the absolute toughest part of having pets is managing illnesses. The feeling of not really knowing what is causing the problem and if one is taking the best course is very hard on us.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:40 pm

I'm so sorry about Elsie's continued challenges.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks guys for your support and understanding. This morning I found a blister on the side of her foot that I was able to open and drain. She seemed to be able to walk better. It's day by day with her. I am amazed at her will to live and how she seems to ignore her own health issues.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 am

Elsie is now very very weak. She can hardly walk and must be hand fed critical care. I had to remove Annabelle from the cage because she knocked Elsie over and she couldn't right herself.

I feel it's a matter of time before she leaves us. I want her to go to sleep forever now. I don't want a vet to have to help her move on. She's not in pain so I pray she goes soon on her own. I will leave work early today to be with her.

Topaz

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:12 am

Oh, I'm so sorry GP Lover. Love on that girl.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:04 am

Oh dear - I'm so very sorry. I know how much you love that little girl.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:39 pm

She's gone. I held her for two hrs but she didn't go on her own. I stayed with her while the vet gave her gas to fall asleep and then she didn't feel the needle. She's buried behind my place where I can see her from my deck.

MuffinFace

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:43 pm

I'm so sorry, GP Lover. You did all you could (you are an amazing mommy) - but hey, she's over the bridge and into the endless parsley fields! And I'll bet she can popcorn again.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Elsie was such a lovely, sweet girl, and was so lucky to be part of your family. She had such a wonderful life with you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm very, very sorry, GP Lover.

Know that you did everything you possibly could for and with her. You walked with her. It's very hard to do that if you don't work full-time; much harder if you do. I understand that situation very well and empathize fully.

Godspeed and safe passage, Elsie. Enjoy energy, vigor, good food and good teeth now.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm so very sorry. She did live to a wonderful age with you.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:50 pm

I'm so, so sorry, GP Lover. Both of you fought so hard. Elsie was a very special and strong girl to have made it so far. I do hope you know you she had a wonderful and long life with you, even though we always wish we had so much more time for these friends we hold so dear to our hearts. Please take care.