Diablo's Medical Thread

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:41 pm

No, the photos haven't arrived yet.
Diablo is doing well! He's still being his happy-go-lucky self. Right now he's just chilling in his pigloo. He's been eating well, and just devouring his Critical Care. I'm almost positive that he'll be well enough to attend the pignic next week.
Thanks for caring!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:42 pm

Darn! They weren't returned to me. I still have the negatives, however.

You haven't moved since the pignic, have you?

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:51 pm

Nope, I haven't moved. Maybe the mail is just being really slow.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:39 pm

If you haven't got them by Friday I will give them to you at the pignic.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 am

Diablo has been drinking practically nonstop. I mean, literally a quarter of the day. This has only been happening for the last few days; it just started all of a sudden. I think it might be a problem with the water bottle because it's been a bit leaky. But I switched the water bottle, and he's still at it. Elsie hasn't been drinking more than usual, so I guess the water bottle thing has been ruled out.
All other behavior is normal and he is not exhibiting any other symptoms of diabetes. Do I still need to get him checked out?

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:07 pm

I would if I were you, but hey, I'm anal retentive.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks, Jane. I'm just monitoring him at this point, and he hasn't been drinking nearly as much today.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Sudden excessive thirst might be alarming, if you get a chance, it would be safer to have Diablo checked.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 pm

Diablo's ear infection seems to have come back. I took him to the vet today, and that is what she suspects is wrong. He's lost quite a lot of weight lately, and has also seemed to have more balance issues than he did in the past.

He's now in a separate cage so that I can monitor his eating/drinking/pooping better, and also to be sure that Elsie doesn't do anything that might stress him out more.

To make sure he stays hydrated, I have to give him sub-qs, 10-20CC twice a day. He's also getting .1CC meloxicam 1X a day, .4CC thimethaprim sulfa 2X a day, .3CC baytril 2X a day, and .3CC cisapride 2X a day.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 pm

At least you are on top of this, doing all you can. Now your guy has to get better!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:01 am

Pippin goes to see Dr. C today. We will think about you.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:05 am

I read on another thread that subcue fluid should be heated to body temperature before you use it. What's the recommended method for heating it?