Eye ulcer snd vet visit

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:15 pm

No idea what it is. If it's loofa, I wouldn't use it.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:24 pm

Yea it is a loofa roll. Are they bad for guineas?

Just saw her pee, since it is the first dose of metacam of the day she was vocal and blood did come out.

I also realized Monday is a holiday here unfortunately so I can't do anything at all these past 2 days.

Something else, since she is a single pig, only way I can get her active as much as I want her too is by hovering her pig hut far opposite were she is and she always chases after it expecting me to cover her but if I just keep moving it around, she keeps chasing it. This is probably a good and the best thing I can think of since all she will do is run to the nearest corner and stay there in floor time.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:40 pm

This is her current weight. Reason for the big gap was because of college (I'm not a campus student. I drive there. My guinea is back at home with my family). November ish was around the time with the cyst and hair loss but when the vet did not feel the lump after some of the hormone shots, her weight never went down.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:52 pm

If your bottled water is mineral water vs purified or spring water, it could be too high in calcium. Check the label.

I'm not a fan of loofah as a toy for small animals, but I know a lot of places sell them. Loofah expands, and I tend to worry about the possibility of intestinal blockage if an animal were to swallow a big enough chunk. But then, I'm a worrier.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:09 pm

Is it spring water.

And same, I am a worrier too.

Also, looks like the pain she feels is a bit more than what metacam covers. I can hear her vocalize at times but that don't stop her from eating and drinking

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Is it the 1.5mg/ml suspension of Metacam?

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm

Yes it is

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:10 pm

Okay. For her weight, she's already on a fairly high dose, then.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Just gut wrenching when I hear it. Very low pitch but I am always next to her cage.

Operation food runs was a success atleast. Used her lunch and her pig hut so she would run chasing after them and had a good amount of exercise. Veggies soaked in water of course. I do syringe some water as well when I give her the meds for some extra water as well. She eventually got fed up after 15 min of chasing food that she started chirping at me. (Yes, she is part bird, part pig). Very rare i hear her chirp at that. Guess that's her disapproval of food runs xD

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:14 pm

I'm glad she still has a good appetite.

Any chance you can get a copy of the xrays and post them here?

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Probably but it will have to wait till Tuesday. Monday is a holiday here but I am not sure if they are still open tomorrow. It is a 50/50

sozansound2

Post   » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:26 am

Just called the vet. They were open but the specific vet that saw my guinea was not in today. She will be tomorrow.

I have asked the secretary to email me her xray scans. Should be today. Once I receive them I will post them here.