Post   » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:53 am

How sweet! What a cutie pie.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:56 pm

Happy birthday, 1-year-old!

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:54 pm

We wish you all the best and long live, little princess!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:12 am

Justice went to vet and even though I argued with vet she took pee sample that had fallen on newly disinfected mat. She spun urine and it showed things wiggling and doing back stroke.

Justice is what I would call a feral piggy, she hates being held, patted the works. So I am in for a very long week giving her medication Bactrim .4ml twice a day and Pron8ture once a day. Hoping week goes fast.

I tried to befriend her when I got her but she just wasn't that way inclined. Having Jinx then Jay then Jewel sick sadly Justice was put on the back burner. I am not proud of it I wish I could change it! But when held now she just gets too stressed! Have lost piggies when stressed don't want to lose another. I do talk to her and torture her with my singing.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:05 pm

Some pets don’t like touching, and no matter what you do they won’t change their nature. They are who they are. Maybe try a transfer box or cuddle cup that she could go into before you pick her up.

We have a dog with heart trouble who flies into a rage when picked up. He wants no part of being held, and wants pets on his terms. He had a bad start in life, so he won’t change. He is a handful at vet appointments as well. I empathize with you.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:22 pm

I have been peed on, bitten and boy did she wiggle, squeak and protest. One day down nine to go. Thanks ItsaZoo.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:59 pm

OK, Mum is late with this, she has been suffering with what she calls hay fever. Funny hay ever makes me hot. We piggies have been waddling around with tissue boxes and are quite tired.

I turned 2 on September 1st and got what is called a cat cave bed. Nice and roomy and best of all no cat! I got treats and now I am what mum calls middle age.

Sorry picture blurry but mum's councel person took it. She needs new phone me thinks. Didn't help I was moving around. Mum is feeling the hay hot again today with temp of 32C. She talks funny and none of us piggies understand her. Must go as my turn on tissue detail Doesn't help when I rip most of them up. Wheeks in advance. Me is blowing kissies.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:02 am

Happy Birthday! Hope mum gets some relief from the hay fever. My hubs has that and it's miserable.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:17 am

Same here! Happy Birthday and get better!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:33 am

Can anyone recommend a hormone medicine for a sow please? Was cutting Justice's claws and her nipples were so encrusted I couldn't see them except for the tips. I couldn't feel any cysts but don't know what else causes the nipples to crust up. She is 2 and a half.-3 in September. She is showing no symptoms of cysts or anything else.

Jay and Jessie were given cattle medicine via injection. But vets will not see my pigs as I like to ask questions and they feel threatened. I am looking for another vet but it is hard when you don't drive. Thanks in advance.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:06 am

Have you softened and removed the crust? Some olive oil or cold pressed coconut oil should work well. See if it returns or if it is a hygiene or skin issue. Sounds like you are not seeing anything else that might indicate she has ovarian cysts.
https://www.guinealynx.info/ovarian_cysts.html