Thanks Kleenmama, for my pigs!

lisam

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:36 pm

I got my two new ones from Kleenmama today. They are both so friendly!

A little black baby boar, the kids want to call him Darth Vader, to be a companion for our adult boar Artoo. There has been a little more chasing than I expected, but they seem to have settled down. Except for THAT smell. How do you get dried cavy semen off of a pig?

The little silver sow is so pretty. She hasn´t been introduced yet to the other sows. She is so tiny, barely bigger than our runt Shmi.

And of course it was fun to visit with Kleenmama again!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:25 pm

Congratulations! She has some fine pigs and knows how to soften them up. I hope they lead long and healthy lives. I am certain she feels good about having you adopt them.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:31 pm

Semen is a pain in the neck to take off. It´s like crazy glue!

lisam

Post   » Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:38 pm

When my kids wanted to know what that was on the little guy´s back, and I told them it was dried semen, I expected to hear "oh yuck" but just got a "oh, I thought it was slime".

I introduced the little sow to B´Lanna today, and even though she is half B´Lanna´s size and the new pig in town, she proceded to keep B´Lanna crying and cringing in a corner. My kids have named the new girl Captain Katherine Janeway (I call her Katie) since they have run out of female Star Wars names and am now going with Star Trek.

Pinny Gig

Post   » Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:38 pm

For what it´s worth, I´ve had this trouble quite a few times.

We have gone two ways with this: cutting it out of the hair or washing it out. Cutting can leave the fur with an ugly-looking patch. I prefer washing. I dunk the "object of affection´s" bottom in warm, shallow water. While someone else distracts him with parsley, I take baby shampoo and massage the area underwater, loosening the "glue" and gently sliding off as much as I can.

This doesn´t get it out 100%, but it does get most of it out for me.

imanut4u

Post   » Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:44 pm

Congrats on your new piggers!

(PS I vote for cutting!!!)

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:13 pm

I´m so glad you like them! I told you the sow was small, and she has been a Mom! Poor little thing.
The boar is quite the little trooper. He was also quite small in a cage with two other boars, who are brothers. So he was odd man out.

It was great visiting with you, Lisam! I just wish the time was not so short. We live too close to not visit more frequently.....