Incisor trim window

Post   » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Happy Holidays everyone. So Chooch has one upper incisor left, all the others stopped growing, if you would like recent background information, he has a recent update on his health and illness thread, Choochs ongoing eye problem. Teeth trimmed now every 2 weeks, great vet. Here is our dilemma:
Sensitive boar, most of the time, we can get the trim just in the proper window, which is a very small window, not too long, not too short and a time span just enough for recovery. We are having a tricky time this week due to the holidays. So the question is, is too short better than too long or visa versa? I can take him in tomorrow, which is too soon, or in 10 days, which is too late, and then there is the discomfort of the trim.
Thanks soo much for the help.
Lara and Romeo Berthiaume, aka Chooch

Post   » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 pm

It sounds like this should have gone on his medical thread instead of here.

I think this is a question only you can answer.

Post   » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks Lynx, we usually are able to squeeze in to see the vet if we miss the window, but he is going on vacation, we can see another vet, I was just curious what other people's experience was. Thank you

Supporter 2016-2018

Post   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 am

I would go in early then after recovery time of the trim then Romeo should be ready for another trim and his normal vet should be back by then. Happy New Year. Hope all goes well!

Post   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 am

Thank you so much Daisy may!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1