Amazing digestive results using Sherwood Pellets

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm mixing KMS and Sherwood pellets. Kellie doesn't seem to care for the Sherwood pellets, so they are being mixed about 1/2 with Sherwood pellets.

Cuy

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 am

I just started my Nala on Sherwood last Saturday (she has her own medical thread ‘Gassy/GI young female’ or something similar) as we think she is probably sensitive to grain- she had a horrible GI flare-up last week so I decided to stop KMS and try Sherwood. She has been losing a little weight daily since last week but is mowing down hay every day and poops are finally looking good. She is picking at the pellets, I can’t say she loves them so I started supplementing with SARx tonight hoping to get some extra in her. I would guess she is eating 1 tbsp max of pellets a day so I’m hoping that’s enough but she is eating a lot more hay than she used to when she was on KMS. I appreciate hearing everyone’s experience with this food, it’s very encouraging! If anyone has any suggestions about how they got their pigs to come around, I would love to hear them.

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Definitely remaining quite skeptical of the magical results....wish there were more citations behind the claimed benefits by the manufacturer. I have a hunch that if the long-term effecfs were to be studied there would be too many confounding factors (pellet intake before/after, overall diet changes at the same time of pellet switch, etc.) muddying the data.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Exactly, TheCageCleaner.

We're seeing all these anecdotal reports from untrained observers based on a manufacturer's claims that he does not substantiate with scientific data. Color me VERY skeptical of these results.

Cuy

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Yes, I was reticent to switch from KMS after Nala’s first GI flare-up in February due to the lack of data and the concern about the calcium situation. My first two guineas both ate Oxbow and KMS with no problems. I am going in to this Sherwood ‘experience’ out of desperation and hoping for the best- so far she is tolerating it fine but like I said up top, she IS eating fewer pellets than before. She would not be a good study specimen at all, true, CageCleaner, as she had a complete diet overhaul at this time anyway and that’s probably the case for a lot of pigs or rabbits making the switch. I also wish there were more citations but am trying to make the best out of a rough situation.

25 posts