Support Guinea Lynx in 2020!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:29 pm

2020 is here! Hopefully it will be a year of happiness and good health for each of us and those we love, both human and guinea pig! Guinea Lynx is 21 years old now, with the current board dating back to 1/1/2002 and a temporary board before that.

If you value Guinea Lynx and all it has to offer, please help support the site!
Guinea Lynx depends on donations to stay online. While contributing to expenses is voluntary, your donation means Guinea Lynx will be here for those who need it, providing support to guinea pig lovers around the world. And if you have never contributed, perhaps this could be the year you start!

Should you wish to send a donation by check (preferred), email me for my mailing address.

If you prefer to use PAYPAL, I only have a personal account, which doesn't take credit or debit cards.

Paypal charges substantial fees. If you want to make sure your entire donation is goes toward supporting the site (and avoids these fees), please use funds already in your Paypal account and send as a "gift". Look for the little "gift" box on the page. Checks do not incur additional fees so all of your donation is guaranteed to help GL.

Paypal email is:

Though I am still committed to keeping Guinea Lynx Google-ad-free (THIS is what Guinea Lynx could look like without your help! https://www.guinealynx.info/sample.html ), I am testing out the Amazon Affiliate program to help pay for the basic costs associated with running this board (hosting/internet, etc.) which have unfortunately increased. By using affiliate links in the guide or at the bottom of the page, a small portion of your Amazon purchase may go to Guinea Lynx, at no cost to you. If you can't make a direct donation, please consider shopping on Amazon through our Affiliate links.

Guinea Lynx' Amazon Affiliate Link

As a thank you for any donation received, I can write (or update) a short line of text (a notation) under your avatar/board name - one of your own choosing or "Supporter in '20".

For a $40 donation I can make you an animated avatar using up to 9 guinea pig pics)as a thank you. Any existing animated avatar can be updated with new pics with any donation.

VERY IMPORTANT! => I do NOT always remember to ask what you'd like your notation to be or if you'd like an animated avatar so PLEASE remind me! (this is my official apology if I forget!)

You all make this board a real community and I'm grateful for your participation here. I am especially indebted to the members who answer questions about guinea pig care and monitor the medical board.

I am so proud that you all make a difference in the lives of guinea pigs and in each other's lives - sometimes in wonderful and unexpected ways. And you all absolutely provide the inspiration I need to keep me going so thanks for making Guinea Lynx the great place it is!!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:23 am

OK, done!! Thanks for keeping this forum going!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:15 am

Thanks so much, pigjes! I greatly appreciate your support!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 am

I have paid also. In memory of Jolly the rabbit, Jaffa the piggy both lost in 2019. And Joy whom we lost January 13th 2020. And all the piggies we have lost over the years! And for any help and advice we made need for our current piggies. As pigjes said THANK-YOU FOR THIS SITE! AND FOR THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON IT! AND THEIR LOVE FOR THESE AMAZING ANIMALS!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 am

Thank you so much, daisymay! Since I depend on donations to keep the site running, yours is greatly appreciated.

A handful of other members who have not posted on this topic have also contributed this year. Their donations have made a big difference.

Thanks to you all!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:18 pm

I am giving you all an update on the Amazon Affiliates program (link at bottom of each forum page). They just sent $23.30 for December! (they wait 60 days from the purchase month because of returns)

Though donations will still be needed from year to year, it is helping!

Thanks for your indirect support of Guinea Lynx!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Glad the Amazon Affiliate program is working out!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:02 pm

It seems to be helping! But it does depend on people clicking on the link and then doing their shopping.

I am not as worried this year about covering costs, thanks to the handful of people who have sent donations this year.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sun May 10, 2020 3:26 am

I sent a donation through PayPal a few days ago. Did it reach you?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 10, 2020 10:02 am

I generally recommend using this address for donations:

The one you used I only check perhaps once a month or so, so it can take weeks before I notice. I just did log in and see your donation!! Thanks so much!

Would you like your notation updated to 2020?

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sun May 10, 2020 6:25 pm

Yes, please!

That is the address I put in at PayPal. I'm not sure why they sent it to your other one.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 10, 2020 11:00 pm

I'm glad you said something! Unfortunately, I still will not check often. Will go and update your notation.