Safe Cream to use

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 am

The nose is highly underrated. My news feed had a fascinating article about a woman who can smell Parkinson's disease years before symptoms manifest:

A Woman Who Can Smell Parkinson's Is Inspiring New Research Into Diagnosis : Shots - Health News : NPR
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... iagnose-di

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 am

woman was so close to me (a) she kept bumping into me and (b) I could feel her breath on my neck.
I would have been strongly tempted to turn around and cough right in her face.

Tehuantl

Post   » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:51 pm

I know this is a bit late.

I had issues with a couple of my girls feet. Ginger would develop these spurs on her front paws off the side of the pad. Everything looked dry and I didn't like that she seemed uncomfortable, especially when I had to trim them. I ordered some Perfect Paws Ointment from Gorgeous Guineas. After a week of daily spa treatment with the ointment on her paws the calluses were significantly reduced. I now only treat their paws a few times a week, but their little paws are very healthy. It is also a nice chance to bond with them while you give them foot massages.

As for the social distancing unawares, I feel you. Seems like our community is a little thick headed. I had surgery just before the poo hit the fan and have been wearing a mask ever since. I am beyond tempted, I will actively call them out for getting in my personal space.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:58 am

The cream safe to use was for me not for the guinea pigs. As for social distancing if you say boo here you are liable to get your head smashed in as have quite a few people here.

I use my husband and talk loudly I THOUGHT ONE HAD TO STAND ON THE CROSS(shops have crosses on floor marked a distance a part for people to stand on)SHAME PEOPLE CAN'T USE THEIR EYES AND STAND ON THE CROSS. All I get is dirty looks but no one moves.

Thanks for your reply Tehuantl. Good luck with your piggies and feel better after surgery!

tiggyswift

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:17 am

I use O’Keeffe’s working hands and it does not bother my guinea pigs at all.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:35 am

O'Keefe's is what I use, too, and have not had any issues with it. A very small amount is all that is needed. It does a phenomenal job on dry, cracking skin (on humans).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:00 am

How is this one? I know it is not coconut oil but this is for me and other half. https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... body-cream Money is a lit tight at present so am looking for cheap cream. I got this one for the girls https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... w-ointment.

Thanks for the replies tiggyswift and Sef.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Lynx - just read the article about the wife who could smell Parkinson's. Fascinating. And ironic since loss of sense of smell is an early symptom of Parkinson's. I have a friend who said when her father was dying of cancer, he smelled different. And then there are the cats in nursing homes who seem to sense when a patient is on the verge of death and go in to snuggle with the dying patienr.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:41 am

Saw movie I think it was called a Dog's journey(one of the trilogy)where they trained a dog to be able to smell cancer. Well before the person or doctor's know. All the dog has to do is sniff if smells cancer it lays down in front of person with front legs stretched out. I thought it very interesting. Hope it wasn't only in a movie and that dogs can smell it out.

As for cats I remember watching the movie Sunshine as a child and about a week before the lady dies of cancer the cat runs off. Something about they couldn't stand the smell or cancer or death. Not sure if right or not.

Thanks for reply Bookfan!