KMS Hayloft

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:33 pm

Canola is rapeseed, which, if I'm not mistaken, is pretty low in calcium.

SSLee

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:19 pm

I just received a message that my recurring KMS pellet order has been declined. This is my first time being a subscriber and guessing that KMS is still out of pellets. Will order Oxbow Garden Select pellets to mix in with the remaining KMS pellets. Or maybe I will try the organic variety as that is new to us.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:50 am

I would be less irked if they could at least respond to emails. They don't. I received an email last week (or maybe it was the week prior), advertising a hay sale. They can do that, but they can't answer a long-time customer who just wants to know when pellets are anticipated to be back in stock.

SSLee, just as an FYI, the Organics formula still has calcium carbonate in it and is higher in overall calcium than Garden Select. Maybe not an issue for you, but I try to avoid calcium carbonate whenever I can due to the number of bladder stone cases we have had over the years.

AviN4
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:12 am

As soon as KMS starts accepting new orders for their timothy pellets, I'd suggest starting a subscription. Even though their website has listed the pellets as out of stock for months, I've been receiving 5lb of pellets each month from the subscription order I created in October 2021. So far I believe the pellets have all listed September 2021 as the mill date, so perhaps they've still been unable to mill any pellets since then. It remains to be seen whether these deliveries will continue, but subscriptions do seem to be prioritized over new orders.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:55 pm

I have been a KMS customer since the days when Linda ("Kleenmama") owned and operated it, and have sent countless new customers their way over the years. It's just annoying that I can't even get an email response.

AviN4
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:45 am

I received another 5lb of KMS timothy pellets from my subscription. But the mill date is 9/23, which provides further evidence that KMS has been unable to mill any new timothy pellets since then.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:42 pm

Goodness. :( It would be nice if they could at least let their customers know what's going on, but I haven't received a response to any of my 3 emails or my FB post.

Baba

Post   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:02 pm

I noticed today that the KMS website is down. Did they shot the company down or is it only another 'bump' in the road?
That never happened with Linda.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Looks like there is a hosting issue.

I believe Linda sold the business in February 2018. June/July 2016 Linda had moved to Shopify, where the site still is. Her biggest challenge was getting shipping right. Unsure how well things worked with Shopify (at first they were overcharging for shipping).

AviN4
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:00 pm

KMS definitely had an active Facebook page within the past few months. But now when I search on Facebook, the only page I can find is this one, which hasn't been updated since 2017. If I search on Google, I find this other Facebook page which says: "This content isn't available right now."

It doesn't even cost money to run a Facebook page. So I don't think it's an issue of someone forgetting to pay the bill. I think someone deactivated the page intentionally.

Relatedly, I was charged for a February auto-ship order for pellets, but they never shipped.

Seems to me like they've shut down.

AviN4
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:15 pm

Actually, here's what I got from the Google cache source code of their Facebook page, dated March 7th:
Why we are shutting down our social media pages the end of today.

Stewardship – The job of taking care of something

Change doesn't come easy but it is important to me that in order to continue KMS forward successfully I need to be a good STEWARD of KMS. I have been struggling in many areas and KMS has certainly been one of them the last few months and as a result I certainly have not been a good steward.

I wanted a high-touch interaction with the “Hayloft Family” and there are many of you that truly fulfilled that vision for me.
Sadly though, as a small company, this has become an unrealistic goal and social media is not a strength of mine. We don’t have the teams to be in all places at all times which is an expectation on social media. Especially during the last several months when things have been so hectic for everyone. My personal focus needs to be on managing a supply chain that continues to struggle nationally in order to keep the door open at KMS.

Businesses are closing faster than ever due to the unprecedented longevity of this pandemic. I’m working incredibly hard to avoid KMS becoming one of those statistics.

Shipping supplies have increased 20% in the last 6 months and there are terrible shortages of supplies currently.

Shipping costs have increased 20% to 30% in the last 4-8 months.

Your costs haven’t changed even though we should have made adjustments through these rapid increases. This was a choice I made and stand by it even though it would be called a mistake by many and is costing us now more than ever.

What we are doing.
1. Working hard to revive our supply of Timothy Choice Pellets (Returning in 30 to 40 days)

2. Removing ourselves from social media and focusing on what we are good at. High-Quality Small Animal Feed.

3. Simplifying our lines of Communication.

4. Focusing on small sizes. We can’t get the larger boxes for shipping right now and the costs of shipping is very high and continue to get prices increases regularly.

5. Shifting to Amazon as our primary sales avenue to keep shipping costs down and simplify our delivery process to you.
So perhaps they shut down their website and just plan to sell on Amazon? It's pretty strange that they would do that with no announcement on their home page directing people to Amazon instead.

This seems to be their Amazon store.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:02 am

I hope they really are able to replenish pellets in 30-40 days, whatever is going on. My guy is suffering. I had no idea how much that food was helping his bladder issues until it ran out last month.