So so HAPPY!

rosieandco

Post   » Sat May 25, 2002 5:58 pm

Yesterday afternoon Caserole gave birth to one tiny piggy! I think it´s a girl (I´ll check again later though). Mother and baby are fine :) Rosie on the other hand is extremely grumpy that Cas and the baby are getting so much attention. LOL she was rumblestrutting and trying to push the ´pigloo´ (an upside down icecream container ) around while Cas and baby were inside. My cat is very interested in the baby, she thinks it´s a rat or something, but the pigs just ignore her.
I´m not having any trouble thinking up names for the baby, just deciding which name is my favorite :P I don´t have a digital camera so I can´t post any picture, sorry. But baby is black and orange and swirly like Caserole! And it has huge ears!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 25, 2002 6:28 pm

Really watch out for your cat (make sure the mom and baby are secure). Baby pigs do not look like guinea pigs to them and I´d hate for something to happen.

Meanwhile, congrats. Would be great if it were a female -- you could keep them together!

rosieandco

Post   » Sat May 25, 2002 6:31 pm

It´s a cat proof cage. Yes it would be so great it the baby was a girl, I plan on keeping it anyway. Would a single male be able to live beside the girls??

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 25, 2002 6:33 pm

Yes he could. You´d need to separate him at 3 weeks (that is thrown out as the best time to ensure that there is no chance he could get anyone pregnant AND maximize his time with his mum). Teresa has great pics on how to tell if it is male or female. You have time to make sure.

If you put any pics up somewhere, give us a link and we´ll go take a look.

rosieandco

Post   » Sat May 25, 2002 10:59 pm

Thanks, we´ve come up with a name for baby: Popcorn! LOL my brother came up with it and I thought it was cute :)

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sat May 25, 2002 11:24 pm

Popcorn is cute! Refresh my memory... did you know she was pregnant? Did you have another thread here some where? I´m a little foggy! Congratulations on the wee little one. Wasn´t that cute of her to have just one!

rosieandco

Post   » Sun May 26, 2002 4:06 am

I only really found out she was pregnant a week ago. There was only a thread where I was asking if she was pregnant. My mum was glad that she only had one LOL Cas looked like she had about 8 in there but I think she´s always been a fat piggy.

my2piggies

Post   » Sun May 26, 2002 6:08 am

Congratulations on your new little one, she sounds very cute.
It´s great that you will be keeping him/her regardless of the sex.

Casseopia

Post   » Wed May 29, 2002 5:36 pm

That´s great! Congratulations! My pig had babies just a week ago, too! Their little heads and ears are so huge, they look like piggish gremlins! (don´t ask, but i do think they look like gremlins).
Hope it´s a girl so you can keep them 2gether!
Once again, congratulations.

rosieandco

Post   » Thu May 30, 2002 3:07 am

Thanks! Yeah the ears are huge! I finished expanding their cage today and little Popcorn is running around getting in Rosie´s way. She is sort of an Augouti (sp?) color so I think that´s what her father may have been. I let the piggers have floor time the other day and they were running around in a line , first Rosie then Caserole than Popcorn it was really cute :) Congratulations on your new additions Casseopia! Aren´t baby Guinea PIgs the cutest things?? I love cuddling Popcorn but unfortunately she doesn´t like it and wheeks for her mummy.. oh well maybe she´ll get used to me. Oh I´m pretty sure she´s a she! lol