Heart pig? and stupid e-vet

Kermie831

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:27 am

Is anyone that has experience with heart pigs still up? I am working on uploading a video to see what you guys think. Pretty sure Oreo is hooting. I know he is rumbling too, but I could not capture the noise with just the camera... he was not loud enough, but there are hoots before and after I think...

As it is 1:30am, I called my local e-vet and asked for thier experience with small animals, there was a long pause. and then I interjected that I though my gp was in chf. There was another long pause and I said... congestive heart failure... he said he did not understand and i needed to be more specific... this is the Vet tech answering the phone... sorry, you are not touching my pig! My vet opens at 8.

and I am sorry, I do not know how to fix my link.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:31 am

The link worked for me. It sounded like the brrring that Sid does. But I have no experience with heart pigs. I mainly wanted to say that the link works.

I would not let someone touch my pig for any reason if they didn't know what congestive heart failure was, either!

Kermie831

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 am

and now he is just hooting by himself... and the camera will not pick it up... GRRR. Why does everyone get sick when the vet is not open??? :)

Thanks so much for letting me know!

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Hooting sounds like a cross between an owl and a dove. The burring is normal but I can't see your link.

pinta

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:48 pm

there's a huge pic of film blocking all the posts - I can't read this thread.

Kermie831

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I emailed a link to you... sorry the link does not work :(. My vet was not in to see Oreo today, but he has been my constant companion today... no hooting... eating fine, no hooting after exertion.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:43 pm

I will try to open it at work tomorrow.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 pm

I clicked on the link and could see/hear the video.

If the sound is turned way up it sounds like very definite hooting to me.

Time to get an xray of the heart and lungs.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 pm

Sorry, I meant to add that this is the video.

You have to turn the sound up and listen closely to hear the hooting - but it's clear.

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:03 am

Thanks mum. For your thoughts and fixing the link.

Hopefully my vet will be back tomorrow :(.

pinta

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:49 am

No, theres a large pic someone posted covering the posts. My browser can't handle pics posted in a certain way. They don't fit within the posts and overlap everything making it impossible to read the thread.

poppypiggy

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:49 am

The first time I went to the (original) link I got a message saying this was an "adult page" that could put my marriage and job at risk, and then an offer to erase all links to it on my computer! When I go there now it works fine.