Misadventures of Max (and others)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue May 21, 2002 12:15 pm

Max and Steve are on www.angelfire.com/rant/cavyoverload/

Max´s ears are sticking out b/c he´s mad.

Seansfamily

Post   » Tue May 21, 2002 11:26 pm

RS, love your Max stories!

Steve and Julius have been good "fodder", too. Keep the wonderful stories about them coming...

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed May 22, 2002 8:51 am

Similarly, I love your O´Sea family stories.

Today there are no wonderful tales to tell. Julius WOULD NOT SHUT UP. The next thing I want him to learn is to make coffee....

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Wed May 22, 2002 9:47 am

You guys need to compile your stories into a book! I´ll be first in line for a signed copy! They are toooo cute!
I could use a little humor today. My old cantankerous peruvian bit 6 holes in my favorite jammies last night while I was trying to groom him--he´s so unhappy with itchy skin :( (yes, it´s being treated) I need a little happy humor.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:50 pm

New Neighbors and a New Name

Due to unfortunate circumstances, Big Momma and Dutchess needed a play to stay. I offered them my sewing room. When I went to pick them and their cubes up, I accidently left most of the connectors behind!

Between my extra connectors, and some colorful twist ties, I managed to put together a cage for them. I bought a new sheet of blue corroplast to make things pretty, and to match their salad-bowl-turned-pigloo. The corroplast fought back. The packing tape and I won.

So, now with the gals happily caged in the sewing room, I decided I Big Momma needed a new name. With permission, I changed it to Momma Cass, although she's usually just called "Fluffhead" or "Cass". Miz Diva Pig is now the submissive one - if you can believe it!

I often leave the doors open so that all four pigs can wheek to one another during the day. In the morning, no sooner do the girls hear Julius than they take up the cry. It's much harder to sleep in with three yelling at you than just one (Steve refrains. It's undignified).

My dear fiance knows the pigs are part of the package (if the gals are still with me, they are welcome to come along). He's turning the spare bedroom into my office - aka Pig Paradise. Love me - love my pigs!
Last edited by RavenShade on Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AuntyLaura

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:54 pm

Love the story! My husband too has accepted the fact that the pigs are part of me. He comes to my daycare room a few times a day (he works from home too and has a home office) and pets the "squirrels". When he goes to the store, he always comes back with something leafy green for them.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:56 pm

I've also recruited DF's children - kind of hard to hate them when the people most important to you love the furballs. When he started saving veggie scraps for them, I knew he'd be a fine co-slave.

Seansfamily

Post   » Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:31 pm

I'm glad the girls are settling in and even shaking up the boys' routines a bit! It would never do for Julius and Steve to become too complacent.

I love the choice of "Mama Cass" for the new name.

Thanks for letting us know how things are going for everyone in your neck of the woods...

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:33 pm

We are family! Got all my piggies with me!

The ladies are gone. For a while at least. They are in good hands and being doted upon. AKA Spoiled Rotten.

So it's just the guys again. In the study with the lea--- wrong story.

Prior to my wedding, I shipped them off to my mother's house. They were gone for about a month, between all the planning, wedding, travelling, and celebrating. I missed them very very much.

So now they're in the study, because my husband can't sleep with them in the bedroom. But that's fine. The study is MY domain. And they have a spring on the door so the cats don't get in there (just have to make sure the cats don't get locked in...) The first day or two they would jump at everything. D had to fix the force of the spring so it wouldn't slam so bad. If I were a pig, that would jangle my nerves, too.

The cats have been in while I was in there, and have seemed very bored. I really think it's an act because I've caught the little one sniffing at the door, tail twitching. Riiight.

The big cat poked his paws under the door the other day, but I chalk that up to wanting to be where I was. He's a bad cat. Gets into everything. I'm surprised he hasn't stationed himself on the keyboard.

I got a present the other day - a pig statue. The boys were introduced to it, and quickly lost interest as it is neither edible nor any good at conversation. So it hovers over their food until I can get my shelves up.

The funniest thing (to me anyway) is that the kids enjoy the pigs (breaking in the next generation) but it's my husband who is trying to bond with them. He feeds them constantly. Feeding is something he understands and is good at. He's still not so sure about the picking up part yet. He gets home before I do and apparently amuses himself by playing with the pigs, or petting and feeding, anyway. I get daily updates on his progress bonding to Jules (the spastic one). I haven't the heart to tell him it's just because Jules thinks he'll get a carrot.

Still, I think it's cute, and am not about to complain about a husband who fetches pig supplies, and likes the tribble-esque critters I chose to keep as pets.

It occured to me the other day that D is the last boyfriend Max met, and one of the few Max gave his wheek of approval to before he crossed the bridge. It's a nice thought.

The gang's all here. NOW it can be a home.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:35 pm

Hope these work (yes, they're links. I'm trying to thwart Angelfire for now):

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/cavyoverl ... maxcup.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/cavyoverl ... ay2001.jpg

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:55 am

A post reminded me of this story:

Max and the Unfortunate Pet Sitter

Several years ago I went away with friends while my then-boyfriend pigsat. Back in those days, Max was a solo pig, and my bf was an idiot (he probably still is). During the week away, he and his housemates fed the pets in their care beer and cigarettes and a fish and a mouse died and were replaced. BF prayed Max would be hardier.

Well, I took Max home, changed his pen, and thought nothing more of it (unaware of the cigarette and beer at the time). Max FLIPPED OUT. It took a day or two to figure out what the heck was wrong, but I finally found some weird white fluff in the bedding. I changed the pen, and Max was fine. I mentioned this to my bf, who got very quiet, and let me in on a secret.

My friend's (who happened to be his housemate's gf - follow?) mouse had been mauled by hamsters. The body was thrown in the trash but because Max's litter was in a similar trash bag, it was in Max's litter. Max had understandably freaked when confronted with a dead mouse in his nice clean pen.

It was an appalling revelation. Apparently the guys had decided to put the mouse with the hamsters, which was bad enough, but then they "forgot" to feed them, so the hamsters turned on one another and the mouse. Which is why she was unrecognizable to me as a mouse.

When Max started biting smokers, I found out that they'd offered him beer and cigarettes, which he tried. For the rest of his life, he bit smokers, most often just after they'd had a cigarette.

And, no, my friends did not fall for the bait and switch fish and mouse. I think to this day my friend thinks her mouse died of a cold. I didn't think it was wise to tell her the truth.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:52 pm

SUCKER!

As in "blood sucking vampire pig."

Neal McNeal of the clan McNeal (aka Evil Pig) has a taste for people. Really. He's giving Mr. Ow, Quit It! a run for his money. The other day he bit my neck and drew blood. I was not amused.

He is, however, young (but solid!) and cute and rather entertaining. He also has the ability to throw hair on three people at once. It was like he exploded.

I am finally getting some use out of the ferret bed I bought the boys last Christmas. I figured that since he kept turning his pigloo over (when he wasn't standing on it), he really didn't want it in there. So now he has the bed which he happily uses and chews on. I think maybe it's just an oral fixation.

Neal gets along fine with Jules, but not with Steve (unless there is a loud noise, and then they'll all cram into a pigloo until they realize they're ALL in the pigloo...). Steve may be the elder statesman, but he will not take any crap from this upstart. Unfortunately, the upstart won't take the hint. So they live in a neighborly fashion until Neal gets older and chills out. I have faith. Ms. Diva pig was the same way, and now she's the submissive one. Go figure.

Neal has a very amusing habit of popcorning for hay. He LOOOOVES his bluegrass. He includes his own sound effects, giving a whet! when he jumps. This morning he was so overjoyed I thought he was going to fall over. He's a freak. Which is why he's my pig.

This is the picture that got me. I'm truly a sucker for a cute PEW abby. He looks like Max, only in white. I really needed another pig like I neede a hole in my head but...I just couldn't resist. I am weak.

Last edited by RavenShade on Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.