Critical Care and handfeeding supplements/recipes

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri May 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Rain water? Is it filtered in any way?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri May 21, 2010 1:23 pm

No Not really filtered though do have a clean stocking on the tap. Jessie has always had rain water since the day we got her as they put way too many chemicals in the tap water.
Is there something wrong with rain water?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri May 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Rain water contains all kinds of pollutants and bacteria that the rain has washed out of the air. There are filtration systems you can buy to help make rain water drinkable. I don't know anything about the municipal water system where you live, but I wouldn't risk using rain water without properly catching, treating and storing it.

Do you already have a medical thread on Jessie? If so, you might add your handfeeding questions to that one. If not, you might want to start one.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat May 22, 2010 1:01 am

Yes Jessie has a thread, as to the water we give Jessie we always boil it first. I will look into a filter system, it's funny but we drink the rainwater too.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 8:42 am

We have not got the filter thingy yet but we are looking into it. For now all we can do is boil the rain water before Jessie get's it like we always do. Many thanks sef1268.

Melinda

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 am

Hello! [Spam - Lynx]

rollie_2

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:03 am

Are the supplements from[removed] good for health? I want them to try once. Do you prefer?

AveryandPigs

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi everyone - first time posting! But I just wanted to jump on and say when I was looking for the above suggested juices to add to critical care so it might be more appealing to my pig, I noticed that the Naked Juice Green Machine contains odorless garlic. Not sure if it's a new ingredient that has been added since the above comments were posted, but I just wanted everyone to know before they mindlessly grab it off the shelf like I almost did! :)