Ramblings of the checkerboard pigs!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Great to ss your piggies and hear all about their adventures. Great photo of the tug of war for the dandelion leaf. You can see they're serious about their food... even though I spy another leaf on the ground. ha ha.

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Your girls are beautiful! I always thought you named Poppy Popcorn because she liked to popcorn. *lol*

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Sidera, I though that too! lol. Oh wow, now I am seeing my COtton, haha. I love your girls. very beautiful

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:49 am

Very cute!

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:17 am

ohhh I love the white girlies and their dark eyes and make up

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 am

Ahh oh my gosh thank you everyone ^^ they're all feeling super loved now! :D

Maggiemae, isn't her coat so pretty! It's a nightmare to groom though ><" she hates it! :P

Ahaha yeah GPG, and it looks like Poppy only did it on one eye ;)

GP_mum, correction there were MANY leaves on the ground ;) haha!

Sidera and Sere, she was quite a popcorner, but Dusty popcorned more. Popcorn just tends to wabble and run ;)

Thank you so much JaneDoe and Brainerror :D

I better get revising so I can do another post! :P

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 am

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Next I'd like to introduce to you Dusty. I like calling her Dusty Boo or Chunky Monkey, hence her lovely... um... squishyness? ;)

Dusty was named by my sister after a fluffy duster we saw in the supermarket after we'd gone to see them. It was funny because we were walking around and she said "I'm going to name her after the first thing I see!" And she saw the duster... it just so happened that it looked like her ;)

Dusty has the biggest character out of my three pigs. She's the boldest, greediest and she reminds me of a chef... heh heh!

When we got her she was tiny!

She soon became the greediest and over a two week period she went from looking like a baby pig, to looking like a fatty pig ;) She soon turned one and her appitited continued to grow (and does so to this day... you open the door and BAM she wheeeeks!)

She is one of the prettiest, chunckiest pigs I've ever seen.. and reminds me of Sere's Snowy and Momo's Mitzi!

I've grown to crave her little face each morning, she makes me laugh with her eagerness to have food -- she's always been the bravest.

She has this little thing that she does... when she is held like shown in the photo below, she will 'chew' and clean her front paw.. does anyone know why she does this? It doesn't look sore or anything and it doesn't bother her otherwise.

Thats Dusty in a (very, very large) nutshell!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 pm

WHEEK WHEEEEEK, this is too exciting.
Finally, a chronciles by our very best poppycorn! :)
*uh, why wasn't I notified of this huge event?

I laughed our at at the very first line...
My love for guinea pigs began when my sister got a guinea pig, Bubbles. I was actually scared of her for a long while...
I was young and I had a fear of animal 'claws'.

I hear you poppy, momo still has this deathly fear of little tails.
Hammies and bunnies scare me silly, and I am not sure why, as soon as they turn around and I see that tail... I freeze.
There, my secret is out.. :(

They each are so gorgeous by themselves, but seeing them play and interact is so much fun.
I love the pictures where the girls were fighting over that "majikal" piece of dandelion.

Thanks for starting this poppycorn!
Wheeek. :)

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Ahh it's Momo herself :D thank you so much!
I have a bunny too, his tail is super cute ;)

I have so many photos... in three years I have taken over 3,000 photos :D I have some fun storys to tell ;)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Poppy has a bunny....
*momo grabs her blankie*
Okok, I'm ready.... :)

*no scary stories!!!
Last edited by cutemomomi on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Thumper is, well, lets put it this way... a lazy, grumpy, fluffly bum :L

The only thing he will be awake for is carrot :') and he refuses to eat if he doesn't get carrot first! :D

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 pm

My final pig that I'm going introduce to you before the stories start is Bubbles.

Bubbles is a sweet, sweet little girl. She is the calmest, most gentle and loving guinea pig every. She's beginning to get on a bit but she has never ceased to be sweet and attentive.

I don't actually have many pictures of her growing up, since they're all on camera film, but the ones I do have of her really show her as she is. She quietly eats and doesn't like to be separated from the other two, she mothers them and they still hide with her even though they're bigger than her!

Bubbles had a problem with her back legs when she was younger, we think she was dropped by our pig-sitters children, thankfully she's okay now and happy to climb for food :D

Bubbles is licker and she will try her best to comfort you at anytime with her soft piggy lips!

She is my little (because she is a tiny pig!) ray of sunshine and will always brighten my day :)

That's all for today... I really must get some schoolwork done! *scowls at revision guides* :D