Maybe I should have guessed this:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Aw, they are adorable!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 am

Putting their names on like that was really helpful! Gip is lovely - well, they ALL are :)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:55 pm

I love how you got them all wrong in your first guess!. But well done, 2 out of 4 on the second try.

Here they are all the right way round:

As you didn't get them all right you get the booby prize, a smooch from Fozzy (he appears a bit later on in the tale)

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:50 pm

That's one smooch well worth the mistakes. :D

serelixyue

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 pm

all theres the adorable Fozzy! Such a kissable face, I love your story :)

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 am

OMG Fozzy! *faints*

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 am

He was such a camera ham wasn't he?! We've got a few more piggies to work through until Fozzy arrives, but not too long to wait!

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:01 am

when does Arnold arrive??

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 am

Arnold is Fozzy's "brother". I got them at the same time, so they'll both appear together.

After I've told the stories of the four guys above, there's another 3 introductions to make before Arnold and. Fozzy appears

I'll try to get through Magpie and the gang's stories over the weekend.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 pm

I thought I’d tell the stories of each of the four guys one at a time, because unfortunately they had quite separate lives. I took the stupid advice from the breeder and bought four friends for Gordy, because the hutch was apparently adequate for 5 guinea pigs, “It’ll easily hold 6” said the money hungry breeder.

I tried to introduce Gordy to the other four but it was pretty obvious immediately that it wasn’t going to work. Now I know the hutch was way too small for even two guinea pigs, nevermind five!
For six months or so the four new additions happily lived together. Then the hormones started to kick in and the first of the problems started.

Rodney

Rodney was a very pretty guy, orange with a white band around his body, between his shoulders and chest. I decided on the name Rodney as I’d recently watched ‘Dr Dolittle’ and Rodney was the name of the guinea pig in the film. He doesn’t really look like him, but at the time I thought he did.

Rodney was a sweet little guy,but he started to try to become Big Boss Pig during the early days, and he was the first to move out.
As you can see in this photo of Rodney, the hutch wasn’t too roomy (this is the bottom floor) and so they couldn’t get away from each other.

Unfortunately, one day Rodney decided he had major issues with Magpie, and took quite a bit out of him. This was the deciding factor on getting Rodney a place of his own. I didn’t want him to move in with Gordy, as he was quite a violent little guy.

Here he is in his new house.

Rodney wasn’t with us for very long, I still have no idea what happened to him as he wasn’t showing any signs of illness. But as we all know, not showing signs doesn’t mean they’re 100% healthy.

Rodney died on 29th December 2003, weighing in at a plump 1425g, not even 3 years old.

My memories of Rodney aren’t the best, he wasn’t as friendly as Gordy, and he would always wander away instead of come to you. For along time he was my biggest guinea pig, he definitely must have loved his food!. My strongest memories of him sadly are of him fighting with the other three.

I’m really sorry that I couldn’t do better for him, and I wish I’d know better than to take on more guinea pigs than I could handle. I’ll be forever sorry Rodney!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Aw don't be sorry . . . . I am sure he had a wonderful life with you . . . Rodney, what a beauty!