My Antithesis

akintolife

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 am

Congratulations on the job and I hope you all have an uneventful flight.

clairey

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:37 am

Yes, we definitely missed you!

Wow, that is exciting. I hope you have a good pignapper alarm system in place when you move to America. There are a lot of covetous GLers around. ;)

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 am

oh how I love your boys! <3 and yes we missed you lot!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 am

Read Feylin's Germany thread and Pimpinpuji's Flight From India to America. They've got the latest information on traveling with animals.

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 am

Yay! Glad to see you back and to see pictures of the boys! Oh, I hope you do have a safe flight! They are so darling.

Now, we just have to figure out how to get that plane to bring them 'accidentally' to MS instead of WA. ;-)

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I think that I'll fly Perth->Sydney->Honolulu->SeaTac. I'm not booking my own flights, but the relocation company have lots of experience moving pets internationally.

Smudge has a big pile of grass.

Are you jealous?

My main concern at the moment is to have somewhere to put the pigs when I arrive. I'm staying in corporate housing for a few months, but I won't find out the address until about 48 hours beforehand. I'll take some huts and cuddle cups in my suitcase, but I really don't have room for cubes & coroplast. Similarly, I can take some pellets in a baggie, but can't really take any hay.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Definitely read those threads mentioned above. They have a wealth of information on traveling with your pets. There is one in the air as we speak! (Pigs DO fly!) Good luck in your travels. :)

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 pm

I've read through the threads, but they both have different concerns to me. I don't have much say over the flight arrangements, and I know the pigs will have to go into cargo since no Australian airline will allow otherwise. My concerns are all about what happens when I actually arrive - I don't have a cage/food/bedding or know anyone who can organise it for me.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 pm

They are so handsome!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

I love that last photo! Look at that face. *smooches*

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 am

So, so beautiful..

clairey

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:44 am

It might be worth making a thread in Cavy Chat to see if any local members can make recommendations.