My Antithesis

JadeMagpie

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:31 pm

I am thinking about relocating to Sydney in the next couple of years, but you can't bring Guinea Pigs into the country! Are you moving permanently, or do you intend to go back to Australia? If so, you may not be able to bring your pigs with you. :(

ilumiari

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:41 pm

I know I can't bring them back in to Australia, but I think that I'll stay in the US for the duration of their life for the very least.

ilumiari

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm

The weather isn't completely unbearable anymore, but the piggies still tend to gravitate towards the coolest spot on the floor during floor time.

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 am

Squee! They are as adorable as ever!

Good luck with your move and flight arrangements, I hope everything goes well for you and the piggies! :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

awwww,... lookit the stubby feetsies and the full chins! :)

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 am

I ordered a baggie of oxbow hay cubes which arrived today, I'm hoping that I can use those to feed the pigs on their flight. They excitedly chomped about halfway through the first one, then sort of ignored it in favour of un-cubed hay. The cubes don't fit through the holes in the carrier, but I should be able to saw them in half with a breadknife or something.

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:27 am

Here's Smudge curled up on the floor.

Here's Sooty, curled up around our latest Oxbow shipment. I calculated that once we move to America their food costs will be about 1/3 of what they are now. The 40 ounce Timothy hay bags are just under $50 shipped here, and I go through one a month. I'm looking forward to paying $20 for twice that much from Kleenmama.

I've started browsing Craigslist to get a feel for apartments to look at, it's so exciting. I thought rent prices were a little on the high side until I realised that they were monthly, not weekly. The 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom dilapidated student share house I currently live in is around $2100 a month (amazingly cheap for my area). I'm hoping to find a cute little studio apartment in Redmond.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 am

The pigs will love KM pellets. My latest adopted girl wasn't too hot on Oxbow pellets but loves the KM pellets. Snooty looks like he's getting into practice, ready to do product endorsements.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 am

Just catching up here - what a lot of gorgeous photos! I LOVE the mouth-filled-to-overflowing with grass pics!

Good wishes with the journey :)

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 am

Sooty & Smudge are both pretty small for full grown pigs, but they certainly have the full grown pig appetite!

My new housemate is in awe of how happy they always appear.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:12 am

Guinea-grins! They really are gorgeous!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Oh my my, lookit that *perfect fit* on that brick. :)