Frost: Self-barbering. Mites? Sim.to Linus' hair loss?

TWP_2

Post   » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Diana and I have been monitoring Frost due to some apparent hair loss on his abdomen. The hair loss has been spreading, and we're fairly sure he's barbering the hair (rather than it falling out).

We just moved a month ago, and during the move both of the pigs lost a little weight. We are concerned, because Linus (Frost's uncle) displayed weight loss and hair loss before his decline and death in February.

We're monitoring weight (still down about 100 grams, to about 850g, from pre-move). We're also going to pick up a new bottle of Ivermectin to do a topical dose in case this is mites. AND we're monitoring ear margins and other health signs that showed up in Linus with his heart issues.

Is there anything else we should be looking at? We have seriously considered the possibility that, after having lived in the same house and location for five years, that Frost is exhibiting behavior as a result of stress. Is that possible?

TWP_2

Post   » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Sorry, Lynx, would you mind closing this thread and putting my post in Diana's thread? We simultaneously posted without realizing it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Someone else closed it. I can't move posts to another thread but you can repost on another thread.