A wheek is worth a thousand words

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Wow Snowy can be pretty speedy. She looked excited and having alot of fun checking out the tunnels. She'll be trim in no time with this workout.

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 am

SO cute! I have no idea how you were able to keep quiet on the video. I always intend to, but then there I go, blathering away to my boys. Can't help talking to them and laughing at them. I love the spots on her booty! So cute!

greeenllama

Post   » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 am

OOooooh! I love this and your floor time set up! Thank you for your advice and help with my two boars! What a wonderful thread!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Your floortime is so spacious!
My guys would literally need mini GPS systems to get around in there. <3

clairey

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Zoomies!

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:37 pm

A little update on the girls............

Cuddles on Mammy's lap

Lap time after floor time is becoming a bit of a hit with them. So much so that they both pancaked on the sofa with me last night and went to sleep (I couldn't reach my phone for a picture and I didn't want to disturb them as I felt so honoured). A massive change from the terrified Snowy who would sit on my lap, all tense and beady eye'd.

However, Fluffy is turning into a moody pig. Now that we're not treating Snowy's feet and pretending to treat Fluffy's feet, Fluffy has decided that the lap is "MINE" and Snowy has been relegated to laying on the sofa snuggled into my leg.

If Fluffy isn't on my lap she turns away and sulks. If she is, she chirps and talks to us like she's only just discovered her voice. Snowy doesn't seem to care where she is, as long as she's fed on time she's happy.

Fluffy is a bit of an enigma at the moment. She's been rumbling at Snowy. Snowy will pancake in the middle of the cage. Fluffy then decides that she wants that spot and rumbles Snowy out of it. Snowy finds another spot to settle in, and again, Fluffy will rumble her out of it. But, if I take Snowy out of sight Fluffy cries until they are back together again. The same if she goes into the carry tub first (I use a big storage tub for moving them together between the cage, floor time, and my lap as I'd hate myself if I dropped one of them).

We have grids arriving next week, and an 8' by 4' sheet of coroplast on order from my local sign shop for the week after. They were a bit puzzled as to why I would want such a large, unprinted sheet. I told them why, and the response was "in that case, we'll deliver it to you at no extra charge once it arrives".

We've also looked into getting the girls insured for medical costs. I didn't even realise it was available until last night when I was nosing around the various UK information threads. We've been quoted just under £21 per month for both girls to be covered for £2000 each, with a £50 excess. There was a lesser policy available at £16 per month, but that was £2000 cover for the year between them. The extra £5 makes sense to me.

I have 2 weeks left of quality time with my babies before I start my new job. I'll be working away 1-3 days a week, but I have 2 fantastic carers for the girls. One is my best friend who lives at home with her parents, and is happy to live here instead while I'm away as her work is 5 minutes walk from here. She's now taking an interest in feeding and behaviour when she stays over for "trashy TV monday", so I'm happy to leave them in her charge for a few nights a week. The other is Good neighbour, who absolutely adores the girls, and is happy to be on standby if my friend isn't available.

I'm going to miss them like crazy while I'm away, but it will be lovely to have a proper income again to be able to spoil them with nice beds and accessories.

I feel like a fully fledged piggie slave :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:03 pm

What absolutely adorable pigs! I am jealous they like to lay in your lap.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello from out fab new cage :)

We're having a great time, even though Mammy gave us medicine. (Baytril for Snowy washed down with some organic fruit baby food, and plain baby food for Fluffy so she doesn't feel left out).

We did some exploring

We did some hiding

And brave Snowy showed the Baytril who's boss of veggie time!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:46 pm

AWE I just Love them.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:08 pm

such cuties!!

Ellisa

Post   » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Aww, they are so adorable!!!

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 am

Everyone knows the best way to eat hay is to sit in the hay bin.
So now we have one each :)