Aww, I love Bertie's sticking up ears! They all look like very happy piglets

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Great hairdo!

shiny
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks guys, Bertie certainly does have a crazy hairdo!

Time to introduce our new arrivals - The Snow Pigs

Here are pics of Perry & Austin (formerly Peri & Winkle)

They are some of the Himi pigs from the UK Piggy Bank Rescue they arrived about 10 days ago & are settling in nicely. They are about 12-15 months old.

They thought I was going to eat them with the camera so I only got a couple of quick pics of them in the pen last night while their cage was being cleaned out.

They are very cute boys & Austin has learned to meercat when he knows we're on the way with food.

My husband named them 'The Snow Pigs' as he was most amused by the idea of Himalayan guinea pigs roaming around the snowy mountains. I explained this isn't the case but the name stuck.

They are still a bit wary of us but getting braver. They aren't particularly easy to catch but are ok to sit on my lap for a bit & get weighed etc once I've caught them. I haven't given them free roam of the hall yet as I think it might be a challenge to catch them again & I don't want to scare them. We will go on with baby steps & hopefully they can have some good racing around time in the hall soon.

Perry is on the left and Austin on the right in both pics. Austin has the darker nose & ears.

shiny
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat May 11, 2013 1:49 pm

So last weekend the Snow Pigs Perry & Austin got to go out in the run on the grass for the first time ever in their lives - they took to it well:

Perry

Austin

They are such lovely, happy boys.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 11, 2013 2:25 pm

They are awfully cute!

shiny
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:27 am

Here is a picture of my beautiful Pippy-Mouse having a very relaxed & cosy sleep in the corner of his newly cleaned out cage on Saturday - I couldn't resist taking the pic of his cute little feet!

And here are the Snow Pigs Austin (back) & Perry (front) who are getting so settled & relaxed now they have been here a few weeks - such lovely boys.

Amy265

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:42 am

Your pigs are adorable! xx