Welcome to The Asylum

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:32 am

That third picture, it looks like they are surrounded by a herd of agouti guinea pigs!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:37 am

Yup, kinda hard to tell where the pig ends and the blanket begins.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:35 am

So lovely to read that your boyfriend is a guinea pig convert, and how sweet of him to bring them salad when he comes to visit!

Your boys are beautiful. I love white faces on a piggie :)
He always saves some of his salad for the boys, and gives me cucumber and tomato to take home for them. He tells me to make sure they know it's from him!

I love white piggy faces, too, especially when they get food stains on them. Albert is always getting tomato seeds on his dewlap, whereas Wilbur's seems to soak up cucumber juice.
That third picture, it looks like they are surrounded by a herd of agouti guinea pigs!

Yup, kinda hard to tell where the pig ends and the blanket begins.
It's funny how it's almost a perfect match for Albert's fur. If he didn't have white patches he'd totally blend in. I put it in the carry case when I took him to the vet a few months ago (he scratched his eye), and the vet referred to it as his "camouflage".

I think the boys are a bit annoyed at me at the moment. I haven't been very well over the weekend and had to pop into the supermarket as they were out of salad, so I was later then normal feeding them. When I got back, Wilbur was sat next to his bowl with a "how much longer are you going to keep me waiting?" look on his face. I gave him some watermelon and broccoli with his Oxbow and salad as they're his particular favourites, so he's pacified for now.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Speaking of stained white faces, take a look at Albert's chops!

My boyfriend has been hand feeding the boys again. Last Saturday he brought almost a whole bag of salad, plus some tomatoes and cucumber. The week before, he ran out of stuff to feed them whilst they were still on his knee, and they both looked up at him imploringly and made him feel guilty! This time, he came more prepared.

Albert got a bit bolshy, and starting stealing food out of Wilbur's mouth. Ian stopped him by putting his hand in between the pigs, and Albert started throwing a temper tantrum and whinging, almost as if he was saying "it's not fair, you never let me do ANYTHING!" If he was human I'd bet he'd have stormed upstairs and slammed his bedroom door!

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 am

Happy St. David's Day, Albert!

Albert is Welsh, so today is a very special day for him. Shortly after taking this photo, he tried to eat the daffodils, so I had to take them away.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 am

Nice to see Albert again and that he's celebrating St David's day.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:22 pm

It's Wilbur's birthday today. Guess how old he is?

That's right, five! It's an extra special birthday for me, because Wilbur is the first of my pigs to reach five years old. Maisie and Damien came very close, but Wilbur is the first to officially hit the mark.

Of course, technically today isn't Wilbur's "official" birthday, as I don't really know when that is, but I chose today because this was the day I adopted him. Personally, I don't think he looks a day older.

I got him a card and a balloon, and he had all his favourite veggies to eat, plus a big pile of hay and lots and lots of special birthday fuss.

(The cake is for me!)

Happy birthday, Wilbur. I hope you're here for many more.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Happy Birthday, Wilbur, from me, Jezabelle, Kellie, and my two gerbils, Red and Sassy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Happy birthday, Wilbur!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:01 pm

As far as Wilbur's concerned, that balloon might be an eagle.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Happy Birthday Wilbur. Looks like mum threw a fun party for you.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:28 am

Happy Birthday to that handsome soul, Wilbur.