Snickerspants Vol. 7: A New Day

clairey

Post   » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:40 am

Night night, sweet Cookie. Hufflepuff pigs are like treasure.

How is VickieWhiskers coping with solo life?

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 am

That is the question, isn't it? VW has never been much of a communicator. Well, she communicates some things. I picked her up for snuggles last night and she was back to her late-2014 OMG I'M GOING TO BE STEW shaking the whole time I held her. She will occasionally accept head-scritches if she's in the cage, so I feel like maybe those are less traumatic and she doesn't even want to be cuddled? I just don't know how to make her life happier. Suggestions welcome.

I was thinking maybe Lil Pouf or Cici should have dinner with her nightly too. Lil Pouf is younger and a bit more docile, but she's actually lived with Cici before so theoretically they might have a relationship.

Incidentally, Dr. A emailed me, and said the tumor wasn't quite a softball -- but it was a large brown hen's egg (over 6cm long). Poor girl has been dragging that around for a while. I'm glad she doesn't have to do it any more.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:50 pm

I am so sorry you lost Cookie. RIP wee one now in perfect health forever young. Popcorn in paradise and eat the green grass. Sending big hugs, she knew she was loved and she loved you. Sending big hugs.

Breadfan4

Post   » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:33 pm

So sorry to read of Cookie's passing but I'm glad it was on her terms and she was able to enjoy her treats. RIP sweetie.

CavyHeart

Post   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:21 am

I'm so sorry, Alden. She was a sweet, gentle girl, and thank you for being there for her to the very last.

Goodbye, Cookie. Please save a space for my girl Dusk over at the Rainbow Bridge, whose situation is so similar to yours, since she may be joining you soon.

Long-distance hugs to you and the rest of your guinea pigs.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:34 am

Aw, best wishes for Dusk, too. :(

serelixyue

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:54 am

Alden, I'm sorry about Ms.Cookie.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Alden, I'm very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, little Cookie. You are loved and missed.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Princess Truvy P. Butterbean discovered something this weekend, and shared her discovery with Steve.

The fun thing about the PigCam is that I can spend my morning clipping like a crazy person, think I've made the fleece pretty secure, and then sit at work all day watching lumps of fleece run around. Here's the current view: Cici and a nameless lump over on the right.

Yesterday Steve had sub-fleece zoomies for about an hour. I made a video.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:58 pm

What a little sweet-heart! So cute the way he was tunneling under the blankets. I think he forgot the way out and when he did get out he was so thrilled he ran for Joy!

I felt sorry for the piggy who got head butted and the floor was moving on her.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:45 pm

That's Truvy, and minutes earlier she was doing the same thing to Steve, so don't feel too sorry for her!

Cici will also burrow on occasion, but she's super prone to static and I think she's actually noticed the correlation. She's far less likely to be under there than the other two.

tashab

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Your home clearly has something about it that makes pigs want to burrow