Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

Thank you so much - you are so helpful. Would you be able to take a quick look at the x rays for a second opinion? Please let me know and I will email them to you.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Send them to Lynx and let her put them on the board -- more eyes are better.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 pm

just emailed

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm

also, I was thinking could this be related to overian cyst? what would be the treatment? maybe it can go away by itself?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Here are your xrays. They are pretty clear. I wish I had a medical background and could provide sound feedback on them but can only offer an untrained opinion.

There is a definite area of roundness in the abdomen in the top two pictures. I don't think this is bloat (would be more abdominal IMO). It seems awfully large for ovaries. What does the vet think?

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

thank you. what is abdominal IMO? maybe the blood is coming from a digestive issue?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 pm

IMO is shorthand for "in my opinion". I should not have used IMO since you are not a native speaker.
Abdominal is in the abdomen.

If the blood appears during peeing, it is more likely urinary.

There do not seem to be any clear signs of stones.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:12 pm

So, no more blood in the urine, completely clear. Of course, now that I am trying to get a sample to the vet everything has stopped. I was wondering if intestinal bleeding could occur since it is not coming from the bladder. What would be the cause for intestinal bleeding? Her poops have been up and down for months no matter how much digestive support I administer in various forms. I wonder if maybe the stomach/intestines are irritated and this morning it seemed that she was having pain while pooping. No idea what is going on. But hopefully I can get a sample if it happens again and we can at least test that and figure out where the blood is coming from.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 pm

I don't think it's a digestive issue. I'm not a radiologist, but that seems like a pretty definite mass in the abdomen. Whether it's an ovarian cyst or not, I can't tell.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:31 pm

What would be the treatment of an ovarian cyst? Is surgery the only option? Or can it break on its own like in humans? Thank you.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Surgery is the only sure way to get rid of one. Hormone treatments may or may not help. Some don't work at all, others for just a few weeks, others for months. Yes, a cyst can rupture, which can be a life-threatening thing, depending on the amount of bleeding.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Could you please tell me where you see the mass? Maybe if you could possibly circle it? Thank you so much.