Glandular Fever

rosemarykw

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:07 am

The results have come back. Unfortunately it is lymphoma. So tomorrow I am going to the vet to have her put to sleep. She is suffering. Her poo is becoming mushy. And I don’t think the pain killer is working as well as it should. My poor baby. She has been so healthy and then to get this. She has barely ever needed to get to the vets for anything.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:36 am

I'm so sorry.

piggylover49

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 pm

You are a very good piggy owner and it seems like you have done all you could for her. I really sorry about Lily, I wish she was in better condition.

rosemarykw

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you for the kind words. Strange she has picked up this morning but I think she knows what is happening and so does her cage mate

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:50 pm

I am so sorry to hear the bad news, rosemarykw. You have all our sympathy.

rosemarykw

Post   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:49 am

Thank you Lynx. Her cage mate was so upset. We took her there to be with Lily. And she was so nervous I don’t know how else to describe it. But she never pees on me and she did twice when I held her at the vet. And she peed all over the bench/table in the consult room where we we waiting for them to bring Lily back after they put her too sleep. Myrtile kissed her a few times. And then wanted me to pick her up and hold her which I did.

rosemarykw

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:16 am

Update on Lily’s cage mate Myrtile, she has a new cage mate called Clementine. They met once and that was it. They get along so well. Clementine is now 11 weeks was. Myrtile even allows her to take food out of her mouth. And she is more active. Happy days for Myrtile

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 am

I am so glad Myrtile has a new friend. I hope they both life long healthy lives.