Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Yes, his rosette really sets off his coat. It's actually why my granddaughter chose him over the other piggie in the tank with him. I'm very glad she did.

I don't have to worry about contamination too much in my yard. There aren't any animals who do their business there except for along the sidewalk and I don't put my guinea pigs near there. They stay closer to the house.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Found this old picture of Mr Bubbles in my cloud. Reminded me of when he was young and before he got too fat and out of shape to get up there. We've long since gotten him slimmed down to a good weight and in top shape, but for some reason he doesn't get up there anymore. I believe he's the one who taught Scruffy to do that. Or maybe it was the other way around. I can't honestly remember.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Maybe he's got arthritis.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:10 pm

Nah. He's pretty spry. He can (and does) jump up into my arms. I think he just outgrew the whole top of the house thing.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 pm

Mr Bubbles took Oreo's passing pretty hard. The empty spot where I had Oreo's cage didn't sit well with him as he was looking a little sad. Luckily I have the perfect remedy for that; Gilligan and Skipper. There is room for their cage to go in that spot. Two young and happy go lucky clowns is just what he needed. Skipper is less inclined to come over and visit him, but Gilligan isn't. They liked to play with Oreo through the cage when they were next to each other and it's the same with Mr Bubbles. It's good for all of them so far, although it's a different dynamics between them.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:36 am

Awww, that's so endearing!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Are cages flat up against each other? Other pigs seem to be a balm for a grieving pig.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:33 pm

The cages are butted together so they can touch noses. I an happy that they are helping each other.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:29 pm

So glad to see this. Changing things around should really help everyone. You're so good with your little guinea pigs.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:27 pm

I just love Mr Bubbles so much. Just look at those sweet and kind eyes. He's absolutely perfect. Loves to be held and petted. Just about the only thing that will get him to bite is messing with his feet or his face. Even then, it's just a harmless little nip to let you know he doesn't like it. He's been such a great mentor for the others, especially when grazing outside. His presence and calmness influences the others to be relaxed out there too.

This photo was taken yesterday. He doesn't get to go outside to graze today because I had to mow the lawn and do the hard take to get all of the dead stuff out of there. It was a lot of work, but I got it done. I always wait at least 24 hours after mowing to put the piggies out to graze. It been so nice out, so he'll have a chance to eat his fill again tomorrow. He's not happy about missing the chance to go outside, but I have a bunch of wheat grass to make it up to him.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:28 pm

He sounds like a sweet guy!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:03 am

He was pretty mad after his nail trim today. He sat in the back of the carrier giving me the evil eye. I thought some fresh grass might earn me his forgiveness. He didn't come out. I had to take the top off and lift him out. Once he saw the green stuff, he got over it. It was so cute. I've never seen him that mad before. Maybe it was a rough trim for him. I hate that I can't go in with him. I think he would do better if I was there with him.