COVID19 Vaccines - get it when you can!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:25 pm

My first shot is Friday at 4:30. Then on Monday I have surgery to remove a tooth that was messed up decades ago during a botched root canal. So the surgical clinic called to confirm, and asked about Covid symptoms. When I mentioned my first shot tomorrow, they were going to cancel the surgery. Apparently they need 72 hours. I told her I wasn’t going to cancel the shot, so she talked to the surgeon and the surgery is a go. Hope I feel good going in, since afterward probably not so much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:57 pm

I am guessing the single first shot will not give you much grief. I expect all will go well! Planning for issues the day after the second shot might be wise though.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:21 pm

I had very mild symptoms after my first vaccine. My arm hurt a little the day of; hurt more the second day; then started to ease up after that. It left quite a significant bruise.

My second vaccine is on 4/22.

My husband's arm still hurts, and I'm starting to wonder if it isn't related to the vaccine. :\

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:17 pm

2nd shot is tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

My 30-something daughter was able to make an appt. for next week. I'm really happy about that because she has lupus. I think the state is opening availability for everyone over 18 next week and the county is having several large-scale events & plans to administer 18000 vaccinations.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:51 am

Texas opened vaccines to everyone over 18 this past Monday, and they seem to have plenty of doses. My 18-year-old niece got online Monday to get an appointment, and got her shot yesterday.

Thank God for the vaccines, because Texas isn't doing sh*t about masking or social distancing.

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:12 am

Our wonderful Wisconsin supreme court struck down our governor's mask mandate and so it is even more important to get the vaccine! So far Wisconsin has done a great job at getting our senior population vaccinated; I think 75% have gotten their first vaccine!

One of the residents here at Jan's complex, who was going to wait to get vaccinated till later, went ahead and got her vaccine! I was so surprised and happy that she got the vaccine. She said to me that she bit the bullet, and went over across the street at the local hospital and did it! She said she felt icky the next day or two, but feels relieved that she got it. On Monday, Wisconsin is going to open up availability to anyone over 16 years old to get vaccinated. And FEMA will be running a mass vaccination site in Milwaukee, getting those minorities and those that have been hardest hit with this virus vaccinated!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 am

Good news! There are so many younger people who really WANT the vaccine. I think it is important to know one is not invulnerable and getting vaccinated is the safe thing to do for one's self and their loved ones.

I think I heard Virginia was also going to open up to 1c but checking yesterday online, that did not seem to be the case.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:44 am

So glad to see some of the states opening up the vaccinations to more tiers. I got my first one today and I go back April 23 for the second one. They were giving Pfizer vaccine. I told the nurse she must have really done a lot of shots because I didn’t even feel it.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:10 pm

Yay, ItsaZoo! Mine hurt like heck, and also bled for a while. Small price to pay for the protection, though.

My second Moderna vaccine is 4/22.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:52 pm

Some friends stopped over today that we haven't seen in ages. They are both in jobs that require vaccinations, so they had their 2nd shots over a month ago. I had the windows open and the ceiling fans on, and we sat apart to keep our distance but it still made me a little nervous. The first thing they asked when they came in was if we still had our guinea pig. Of course, all the new voices made Lacey take cover, but when she came out I showed them her one trick - I told her "circle" and she did her pirouette. They were impressed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:21 pm

Yay for visitors! Life is getting better!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 pm

I'm glad for you, ItsaZoo.

One of our church members stopped by this morning. The doorbell rang and I panicked. Wasn't expecting anyone; don't particularly like to open the front door these days. It turned out to be the organist, who said she was just thinking about us and wondered how we have been doing this past year. She had a mask on but didn't come in. Dropped off some fresh banana bread that she had baked, and some pretty daffodils from her garden. I thought it was awfully thoughtful of her. :)

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:47 pm

That is nice!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:06 pm

You are missed, Sef!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Sounds like you have some nice church members, Sef. That was really thoughtful. I agree with Lynx, you are missed!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:38 pm

The day after my Covid shot I had a few hours of fatigue. I felt exhausted and spent a few hours just sitting. Eventually it passed and that was about all I had for side effects, so not bad.

Monday I had a tooth extracted, so I was loopy for a day. They had me taking 3 ibuprophen and 2 tylenol every 6-8 hours. A day later I was getting what felt like hot flashes, then lightheaded and dizzy. So I don't know if it was a reaction to the pain meds, or something going on with the Covid shot as it worked it's way through my immune system. Today is better, but still weird.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:40 pm

I am guessing if this was just your first Covid shot, that it was unrelated. The second one seems to make the most difference.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:43 pm

I'm getting my 2nd Moderna tomorrow. I took Tuesday off work b/c I expect to be off my game. My mom and sister are fully vax'd. Elmyra got her first one last week. Thing 1 and Mrs. Thing 1 are still waiting. Junior returns to in-person class PT on the 26th. I'm looking forward to seeing my mom in person in a few weeks.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:17 pm

Yay for you!! I hope any symptoms are manageable.

bats

Post   » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:33 am

Happy to hear that, RS :) Really happy!

62 posts