COVID19 Vaccines - get it when you can!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:18 pm

Hope you got your vax, RS, and you're feeling well today.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pm

How are you doing today, RS? I felt a bit crummy the day after my 2nd Moderna.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Got my second vaccine earlier today. Just the usual arm pain so far, but it sounds like Day 2 is usually the worst.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:31 pm

Yay! Glad to hear you got the vaccine! For my daughter it was that night she had the worst problems.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:04 am

Tell your daughter I can relate! Woke up at 2:00 a.m. shivering, weak and sore; didn't feel like getting out of bed to get another blanket. Finally managed to get back to sleep, but woke up at 6:00 a.m. freezing cold, temperature of 100.8, headache, dizzy, nausea, brain fog. I popped a couple of Tylenol and went back to bed for an hour, but I can't say that I'm doing a whole lot better yet. That thing packed a wallop!

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:09 am

Doesn't it, though! I could not get warm. Luckily it blew over in about 24 hours.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:26 pm

I think Kat got the Pfiser vaccine and I got the Moderna (few side effects). I expect age more than the manufacturer was the cause of that. Lots of nausea the first night.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:39 am

Mine was the Moderna. I had virtually nothing with the first vaccine; this one was pretty lousy. The headache and nausea got worse throughout the day, and I just felt really out of it. Got up in the middle of the night last night and popped a migraine pill and a Dramamine, and woke up this morning feeling a lot better. Still a bit woozy and tired, but it's manageable! No fever today or arm pain.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:37 pm

I had arm pain for both. But any time I've gotten a vaccination that seems to happen.

Glad you are feeling better!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Glad you’re feeling better Sef, and that you’re all vaccinated and building immunity.

I had the second Pfizer in Friday and luckily only had a sore arm for a day. The nurse said a slight fever and headache were common. After the first one I had fatigue the next day that hit me mid-morning. I suddenly felt exhausted and just collapsed in the rocking chair for a few hours. Then it passed and I was okay.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:03 am

Ah! Disregard my question on the other thread. ;) It seems like maybe the side effects might be a tad milder with the Pfizer than the Moderna.

Traudl64

Post   » Sat May 22, 2021 8:22 am

I finished my rehab. I'm already feeling better. But I'm still quickly exhausted. I work 2 hours a day.
I got my vaccination today

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 22, 2021 9:34 pm

I hope the vaccine aids in your recovery.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sun May 23, 2021 12:09 am

TraudI64, so glad you finished rehab and got a vaccination. This has been such a long recovery for you, I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you can build your stamina back up.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 pm

I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better, Traudl64.

Traudl64

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:23 am

Since the vaccination I feel mutch better every day. Thank you for thinking of me and for your encouragement.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:27 pm

I forgot to chime in. The 2nd one only made me tired. I basically slept the day after and may not have even taken any Tylenol. I forget. I feel fine. Junior falls in the age group of kids who can get vaccinated (sidenote: my baby is almost 13!) so she got her first shot on Friday. She was a little tired Saturday but is doing well. She's obviously Team Pfizer, I'm Team Moderna, and her dad is Team J&J. So far he had the worst reaction.

For kids, it's also been suggested to talk to your pediatrician to make sure that it's not going to interfere with the timing of any required vax (like everything due for 7th grade around here).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 pm

I cannot believe she is almost 13! This is a shocker!

It is when the children grow up I realize I am old!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:58 pm

She is also almost as tall as I am, though that's not much of an achievement. ;) She will get her second dose on the 18th. She did really well with the first one. A pediatrician friend attended a conference on the topic and seemed relieved with the presentation, so I am confident that Junior will be fine.

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:10 pm

I was in the Pfizer trial. Initially received shots in July/August 2020 but I was then informed that they were placebo and invited to come back for the real deal in January of this year.

I saw Pfizer wants to test a third booster. Wondering if they will give us a call about that. I’m more than happy to continue being—excuse the pun—a guinea pig :)

105 posts