Tooth issue and more

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:38 am

Every ounce gained is a victory.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:52 pm

Yes, that is encouraging! Yes, things like sores and irregularities can so affect their eating. It sounds like your vet still feels this can be worked out.

RubySimon

Post   » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Bookfan-yes, it is!!!! I have was so relieved he didn't go down in weight this visit.

Lynx-she does not want me to give up. I have two vets that have seen him in this multi vet practice. The last time he was in, one specifically told me she checked his cheeks for sores and it was fine. And I do not doubt her. In just a few weeks, the points happened, I am sure because he is not eating hay, and then the canker sore occurred. Discouraging, but I pray this last visit will have helped enough to get him back on hay. Right now, he is not interested in the corn husks. But he has only been home just about 24 hours. Fingers crossed that tomorrow he is feeling more normal.

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:14 am

HE WAS EATING HAY THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It didn't look like he had eaten some overnight, but there was substantially more poop in his pen this morning than there had been. He just got his Meticam, and is eating veggies with a vengeance. I have gotten too encouraged before and then things went south, but I am hoping this is a turnaround for real and for a long time.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:21 am

That is wonderful!!!!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 am

Yay!!

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:23 pm

I know! I am cautiously optimistic that maybe we will get through this.
Thanks for all the support!!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:25 am

I hope things are still going well and that he's eating better.

RubySimon

Post   » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:25 am

Just a little update. He is holding on to weight, hasn't started gaining much, but not losing. Poop still is not as plentiful as I would like, but it is much better consistency, so he is obviously eating hay overnight. Eating pellets well. I cut back a little on the veggies, so he may want to eat more hay. No more CC. Tomorrow is the last day of his pain meds, so I will see what happens when I stop. I have never used Meticam long term, so I will have to see how and if I can do that if he backslides when I stop.
Fingers crossed he keeps improving.

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:18 pm

There are bunch of beautiful poops in his pen. He is eating hay quite a bit now. I am so so so so happy. Right now he is eating pellets. I pray we stay this way for a long long time, but I foresee more tooth procedures in this future.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:50 pm

Nothing like beautiful pig poops!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Thanks for the update. Hoping for continued lovely poops!