COVID19 Vaccines - get it when you can!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:28 pm

So glad they at least told you that you only got a placebo! Definitely needed the real deal. I got the Moderna vaccine. I wonder if you can get the Pfizer booster if you got the Moderna vaccine instead. I'm happy to take anything too!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:58 pm

I got Moderna, too. Pfizer is everywhere here right now, probably b/c there seems to be a big push to get kids 12+ vaccinated before fall.

Junior did well with the actual 2nd shot, but was feverish, had chills, etc. for a couple of days after. She's fine now. She was a trooper. My 12 yr old is more mature about this than a lot of adults....

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:16 pm

By the way, I love this! A little bit coarse, a little bit politically incorrect, but......

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 am

Funny! My friend at the hospital call center would really love this.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:09 am

I had to watch it again! Hits all the buttons so well!

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:24 am

LOL. That's hilarious!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:52 am

Has anyone gotten the Pfizer booster or plan to? Is anyone planning to get the Pfizer if you had the Moderna vaccine? Our family physician wants my husband to get a booster when it's available, but we had the Moderna vaccine and I don't think the FDA has approved a booster for it yet.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:05 am

I got my Pfizer booster yesterday, along with my flu shot.

All the info I read says not to switch brands of the vaccine. I think the Moderna approval is coming soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 am

Ditto on having read not to switch brands. Moderna approval will be welcome! (I got Moderna)

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:26 pm

Bpatters, I get my Pfizer booster Tuesday so let me know how you feel!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:32 pm

Well, I got the flu shot at the same time, so I'm not sure how much of the reaction I had was due to the flu shot or the booster.

I had almost no reaction to the first two shots -- sore arm and a bit of a headache with the first one, nothing at all with the second. This time I had a 12-hour headache, plus chills and a low-grade fever for several hours. I was up in the middle of the night hunting a heavier blanket because I was freezing. I also didn't sleep well at all.

But I'm fine today. No other side effects, and my arm isn't even sore.

Good luck with yours!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:10 pm

I have also heard to wait for the brand you started with #teammoderna

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2021

Post   » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:11 pm

I got my Pfizer booster on Saturday afternoon. Waltzed into Walgreens, no appointment needed. Felt just a little queasy and tired for about a day, maximum. My arm is still sore, but less than from the first two shots (one of which left me with a tiny raised scar). Going for the flu shot once that resolves.

An old friend's brother died of COVID two weeks ago. He turned 65 on a ventilator, a few days before the end. I assume unvaxxed because suuuper Christian in Texas (not that most religious Texans are that way, but vaxxed people rarely die). A great guy by all accounts. He wasn't obese or diabetic or very old.
Last edited by mmeadow on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:17 pm

You just have to wonder how many unvaxed people have to die before people wise up.

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Thanks everyone! All the elderly folks in Jan's apartment complex are interested in how well things go for me. Almost all, including Jan have had the Moderna vaccine so all are anxiously awaiting for their boosters!

I have been helping a 95 year old who is on hospice care in Jan's complex. This is one reason I am getting the booster. This sweet old little lady doesn't need to get COVID (yes she has been vaccinated) as she is struggling to breathe as it is. I must continue to protect myself, Jan and the other residents here at Jan's complex. These residents adore me and I adore them too!

bats

Post   » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:03 am

Got my booster shot last Friday, a couple of hours after Walgreens got the go-ahead to start administering boosters to Pfizer-innoculated seniors. Happy to say it was a walk-in process - 15 minutes start to finish.

Unlike the first 2 shots where I was sore and achy for a day, this time my arm was only slightly sore and I was just a little low in energy the next day. Piece of cake.

Glad I got it right when I could. Nine days from now I'm flying back east to visit family.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 am

Super! Glad to hear you are FULLY vaccinated! I will have to wait until November or later (Moderna has to be okayed).

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:34 am

Yay, Bats!! Yes the process was easy..in and out quickly, although they still wanted me to hang out for a 15 min observation period but if I was feeling okay at the 10 min mark I was free to go. Last night my arm was so sore, I finally caved and took an Advil. Once I took an Advil, I was able to get some sleep. Today my arm doesn't hurt as bad, but I just feel blah with no energy and a little achy.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:46 pm

I went to the COVID 19 memorial in DC over the weekend. More than 700,000 flags by Saturday afternoon. Overwhelming, infuriating, and deeply depressing all at the same time. There was no place you could stand and see all of it. It stretched from the flat land behind the Washington Monument all the way down to the street in front of the WWII Memorial. I watched families embrace in group hugs. I watched a woman find her loved one's flag and fall to her knees sobbing. I watched couples sitting quietly with their arms around each other. Flag upon flag with messages of loss, grief, and love. Mothers, fathers, husbands, children, friends....I found one for a nurse and wondered if she died after working in a COVID ward. I found one from a daughter saying she wished she'd been able to see her mom and thought about the people who had to say good-bye over FaceTime. I sat on a bench for a bit, taking in the sea of flags gently waving in the breeze. Just the enormity of it all.

Please get vaccinated. Please wear your masks. 1 in 500 people is not a statistic we should be taking so lightly.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:32 pm

It sounds like a very emotional display, resonating deeply for those who have lost loved ones.

Vaccine mandates have been so needed for so long.

105 posts